One of life's great pleasures is potato salad. The humble vegetable is transformed into a must-have for every BBQ and picnic.
This potato salad is taken up a few notches with the addition of ripe avocado chunks and a spicy Hatch chile vinaigrette. You can use freshly roasted Hatch chiles, or canned if you cannot find fresh.
Recipe: Avocado and Potato Salad with Hatch Chile Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 pounds small yellow potatoes
- 2 roasted Hatch chiles, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 large avocados, diced
- In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes until tender. Rinse with cold water, until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor puree the chiles, vinegar and salt.
- Add the olive oil, and blend until emulsified and slightly thickened.
- Cut the potatoes in half, place into a large bowl.
- Add the onions and vinaigrette, stirring to combine.
- Add the avocados and gently stir to coat with the dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)