Rock Valley College has an opening for an Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor, that will be full-time August 2013. The location of the job will be on Falcon Road Center, and will be for (9) months. The position will report to the Associate Dean, Technical Programs. The Instructor will be a functional supervision and will be exercised over student workers.
- Teach assigned classes and laboratory sections, and perform related activities to classroom instruction.
- Meet classes at assigned times. (Schedule normally includes both day and evening classes).
- Plan course content and assign appropriate course work.
- Maintain student records.
- Evaluate student progress and assign grades.
- Revise course outlines, objectives, and catalog information as needed.
- Select appropriate texts and teaching materials.
- Maintain office hours convenient for students.
- Prepare course/class reports as required.
- Attend and participate in conferences related to teaching area, membership in appropriate professional organizations is recommended.
- Submit budget requests and written narrative when appropriate.
- Keep informed on the latest research and journal articles.
- Attend required meetings (faculty, division, in-service training, etc).
- Assist in short-range and long-range planning.
- Participate in division, college, advisory committees, and community activities.
- Instruct students in the proper use of lab equipment where appropriate.
- See that the equipment and/or labs are properly maintained where appropriate.
- Maintain supply and equipment inventory where appropriate.
- Make minor repairs on machines or other lab equipment when practical and appropriate.
- Participate in assessment of student learning.
- Assist in evaluating other divisional faculty members.
- Assist in student program advisement.
- Recruit students when appropriate.
- Assist in placement of graduates when appropriate.
- Assist in course and student outcomes assessments.
- Work closely with the aviation professional associations.
- Interface with the Federal Aviation Administration.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure track position to begin August 2013. Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and group life insusrance plans are offered and State Universities Retirement System (SURS) administered retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Flexibility in work schedule is necessary. Interest in serving a diverse student population is essential.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor's degree in the aviation maintenance technology or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. (3) years of diversified field experience in aircraft maintenance is preferred,
- Current Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Certificate.
- Successful college level teaching experience in aviation maintenance technology or related field.
- Commitment to the mission of the community college and interest in involvement in Dept., Division and College initiatives.
- Experience in computer assisted instruction, and related technology.
- Inspection authorization, supervisotry experience, regional and/or transport category aircraft experience, teaching experience, and pilot's license.
To Apply: Submit the following materials electronically at:
Application shoud be submitted by March 25, 2013, or until the position is filled. You will need to submit the following:
- Letter of application, how are you qualified.
- Current vita, including names, addresses, and telephone numbers of a minimum of (3) professional references.
- (3) recent letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals familiar with teaching abilities.
- Unofficial transcripts of all college level course work. Offer to hire can not be extended without official transcripts.
- Documentation of successful prior classroom instruction (optional).
Rock Valley College - Human Resources Services - 3301 N. Mulford Road - Rockford, IL 61114