Last Friday, March 8th set off the beginning of this year’s South by Southwest (SXSW) Conferences & Festivals, which runs until March 18th. The annual music, film, and interactive conference and festival is held in Austin, TX.
AvecMode, the founders and producers of the previous fashion segment of SXSW known as 'Style X', have partnered with 2nd Street District to launch 'The Neighborhood' at this years SXSW. The Neighborhood is a style-centric showcase whose purpose is to infuse normal SXSW with a shot of style in the form of pop-up shops by emerging and established fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands, panels and Q&A sessions led by industry experts, a slew of activations and can’t-miss parties - all of which is set up like an actual neighborhood, taking place over a few block radius in Austin's 2nd Street District.
Austin's 2nd Street District is a first-class retail district, in the center of downtown, where there are more than 60 (primarily locally owned) specialty shops, services, and dining destinations.
The daily Q&A sessions will feature leaders in the fashion industry, including menswear designers John Varvatos & Billy Reid, and The Man Repeller's Leandra Medine.
As part of The Neighborhood, Bollare will be hosting it's very own Relax & Recharge Lounge, a place for guest to kick up their feet, enjoy a cocktail and even have their hair done!
Today’s panel series included a discussion about content and commere with Jennifer Margolin, founder of Social Edge Summit and Heather Marie, Founder/CEO, 72Lux amongst other notable speakers. There’s still time to listen to Leandra Medine, StyleCaster founder/CEO David Goldberg and others discuss “bringing style to the people.”
Below is a list of the remaining week’s panel speakers:
The Neighborhood at 2nd Street District Panel Series
- How Brands Tell Stories from Design to Retail: Leila Brillson, moderator, Refinery29 Global News Editor / Phil Russo, Global Creative Director, Cole Haan / Farryn Weiner, Global Director of Digital Communications, Michael Kors - Tuesday, 12:30pm
- Leveraging Partnerships Like Pros Panel with Alle Fister, Founder/CEO, Bollare / Dre Hayes, Co-Founder, The Foundation / Rachel Masters, Co-Founder, Red Magnet Media / Mick Boogie, DJ/Entrepreneur/Advisor –Tuesday 2pm
- HuffPost Style Session with Billy Reid (moderated by) Executive Editor Anya Strzemien - Tuesday 4pm
- StyleLikeU Co-Founders Elisa Goodkind & Lily Mandelbaum (moderator Joah Spearman) – Wednesday 2pm
- Austin Style Panel with CultureMap Austin's Caitlin Ryan, AdoredAustin's Indiana Adams, and Keep Austin Stylish's Joanna Wilkinson - Thursday 2pm
- HuffPost Style Session with John Varvatos (moderated by) Executive Editor Anya Strzemien - Thursday 4pm