The leaves on some of the Bangor area trees are already starting to change color and autumn will be here soon. The following is a colorful wreath craft that children can make to help welcome the new season.
There aren’t a lot of materials needed to make this craft. The items that are used can be purchased at any of the Bangor Dollar Tree stores. The following materials are needed to make this craft:
Printed leaf template (at least 3 copies)
Printed acorn template (1 copy is fine)
Although this craft can be a little time consuming, it is a very easy craft for children to make. Small children may need help using the scissors. The following are the directions for this craft:
- Choose a work area. Place all of the materials on the work surface.
- Use the crayons to color the leaves on the printed pages. Orange, yellow, red, and brown are good autumn colors to use. Color the acorns using dark brown and light brown crayons.
- Cut the leaves and acorns from the pages using the scissors. Set the cutouts aside.
- Take the plate and cut the middle from it using the scissors. You will only need the outer ring for this craft. Use the hole punch to poke a hole through the paper plate ring. Cut a piece of yarn long enough to make a hanger and slide it through the hole. Tie the ends of the yarn together.
- Glue the leaves around the paper plate ring. Glue the acorns on top of the leaves. Let the glue dry.
- Hang the wreath on a door or a wall in the home.