Fall has replaced the warm beach fun of summer with fresh activities of pumpkin and apple picking. With a chill in the air and days getting shorter this is the time of year that one prepares for the hibernation of enjoying indoor relaxation and entertaining. Celebrate the new season with the new woodland decor trend ready to create a beautiful and comfortable abode.
When thinking about fall fashion the brilliant colors of oranges, rusts, and gold with browns, reds, and burnt umber mixed in with the forest of evergreens comes to mind. With a bit of imagination anyone should be able to easily achieve their own cozy abode ready for the fresh fall season dressed with the woodland trend.
Swap and add new accessories for the season.
Adding and swapping accessories is a wonderful way to create a beautiful seasonal touch to the decor.
- Simply by changing out pillows comfy throws and area rugs in the rich fall colors will add a shot of autumn to the décor. Bring in the trendy new look with pillows adorned with pictures of deer and squirrels.
- Change lighting fixtures to create a woodland ambiance to the decor. Choose new lamps for the new season actually built from wood branches or built to look like a tree stump.
- Swap the lighter summer bedding with a nice fluffy comforter in a rich color of the new season. Add a soft knitted throw and pillows in accent colors.
- Bring the colors of fall into the bathroom with new towels.
- Make a statement by changing the artwork to welcome the new season with the fall colors and pictures of beautiful woodland fall foliage and vegetation or woodland creatures. Hang a faux animal trophy head crafted from cardboard to create the woodland log cabin effect.
- Replace the lighter window treatments with heavier drapery to create a cozier room for the cooler weather.
- Bring the beauty of the fall harvest indoors creating arrangements made with pumpkins, gourds and squash in a variety of colors. Make sure that the colors you pick complement the colors of your room. Place them in bowls crafted from wood for a trendy appearance.
- Replicate the warmth of a fireplace using candles. Add a warm flame to the décor by dressing up a room with candles in colors and scents of the fall season. For those who have fireplaces; when not ready to build a real fire use hurricane candles in an assortment of heights arranged inside the fireplace to create a cozy fiery glow when they are all lit. Mix in some tea lights and add a woodsy appeal by stacking candles atop of small wooden logs.
- Fill a basket or large wood bowl with clean, bright, red apples as a table centerpiece. Mix in some color with golden and green apples too. This decor does double duty providing beauty and an easily accessible healthy snack.
Invite nature inside by decorating with lovely woodsy finds.
The great outdoors provides a wonderful chance to find and create beautiful DIY decor that is free for all to pick from.
- Showcase branches in a tall vase or within a picture frame.
- Use a beautiful huge fallen tree branch find to adorn a room's corner like a piece of sculpture.
- Gather acorns to show off in a glass bowl or as a base for a hurricane candle.
- Create a beautiful arrangement of flowers and leaves found and dried. Add in some peasant feathers for interest.
- Craft a wreath made of autumn finds such as simple branches with pine cones, berries, and corn husks. Add some dried leaves and small squash for dimension.
- Easily make a table from a cut of tree trunk. Sand to finish off the top and add feet or casters then simply place the trunk next to a comfy chair for a lovely table.
Custom made slipcovers can completely prepare sofa and chairs for the fall season.
Slipcovers made in plush fabrics ready to keep the warmth indoors is an easy redecorating beautiful addition to make to the decor.
- Have covers crafted in lovely chenille fabric that is soft and comfortable.
- Repurpose denim to make a patchwork slipcover for an informal room.
Add a finishing touch to the room with fresh scents.
Apples, cinnamon, pumpkin, the scents of baking cookies and pie with a touch of caramel and molasses are all scents that bring a sense of comfort. Use these scents to top off a beautiful decor for fall.
- Candles are great for adding scents of the season to the décor. Simply light a candle and get the smell of apple pie without the calories.
- Cinnamon brooms placed in a vase in a room's corner will keep a nice cinnamon scent in the abode for weeks.
- Wood Wick or Yankee Reed diffusers and oils are great for keeping an aroma in the home that is constant.
- Melting pots come in a variety of designs, are small, pretty and reasonably priced. Simply plug them in and add the wax fragrance that can be purchased at candle and craft stores for as little as a dollar. As the wax melts a fresh scent will fill the abode.
Fall brings with it new treats of walking among the beautiful falling leaves, picking pumpkins and apples and enjoying the new season's chilly weather wrapped in a cozy blanket. Have a great time fashioning the abode for the fall season. Snuggle into the woodsy comfort of your newly adorned abode. Listen to the leaves falling, smell the crisp fall air and never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.