Next up for the autumn superstition articles is another holiday, Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is time where we remember all the things we're thankful for, a time with family, it's also a time where the turkey is the main attraction, when people eat till they are stuffed as much as the turkey was, and if you're like my family, you don't miss the Charlie Brown specials either.
So let's being to look at some of these superstitions:
- If you set a Thanksgiving dinner at a house that isn't yours and you have no home of your own at the moment, then you will have your own home before another Thanksgiving comes.
- Always be joyful on Thanksgiving because you will have three good things happen to you before the end of the year.
- The wishbone of the turkey will grant you a wish if you get the bigger piece of the broken wishbone.
- Before putting the turkey in the oven, knock three times on a wooden board, if you do this then the meat of the turkey will be juicy.
- Gobblesquatch is an odd legend about a giant turkey. The whole thing about it sounds like People have too much time on your hands, you decide that!
- Here's a warning about eating the leftovers of a child, if you eat the leftovers of a boy then he'll be naughty the rest of the year and if you get the leftovers of a young girl, she'll cry.
- Pumpkin Pie
- While most of eat turkey for Thanksgiving, this lore tells that if the breastbone of the Thanksgiving goose contains many spots, it's a sign that the coming winter will be severe.
Next time you're sitting at the table you can share these fun and odd superstitions about the autumn holiday.
Does your family have any superstitions that are Thanksgiving? If so please share them!