Autism Speaks is the nation's largest autism advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention and treatments for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of autistic individuals and their families. (AutismSpeaks.org about us).
Autism Speaks has representatives throughout the state of Georgia, who coordinate fundraisers, provide support and act as the resource contact for families in their local area.
Georgia's Autism Speaks representatives are currently hosting restaurant nights and other events throughout the state to raise money for the organization and raise awareness for autism in their local areas.
Other upcoming events include:
- Chili's restaurant Give Back night: Thursday, November 12, from 4:30 - 10:30 p.m. at all metro Atlanta Chili's (except Discovery Mills).
- Driving Magic's Annual Fundraiser at George Pierce Park in Suwanee, GA, November 14, from 12 - 4 p.m., featuring a barbecue, carnival games, live entertainment, silent auction, carriage rides and a visit with SANTA.
- Santa Event 2009 at Stone Mill Church in Suwanee, GA, Saturday, December 5, featuring crafts, a sensory room and private visits with Santa (by appointment only).
- Marietta Restaurant Night on November 16, from 6-9 p.m. at Chili's (3625 Dallas Hwy SW # 100, Marietta, GA 30064).
- Douglas County Restaurant Night at The Bagel Meister on November 13, from 6-9 p.m. (2750 Chapel Hill Rd., Douglasville, GA. 30135).
- Paulding County Restaurant Night at Texas Roadhouse on November 10, from 4-9 p.m. (140 Depot Drive, Hiram, GA).