ZeroLandfill Cleveland’s 2014 summer harvests will take place on Friday, August 15 and Friday, August 22.
A warehouse filled with art and craft materials, free for the taking, just before school starts: what terrific timing!
- When: hours are 12 p.m.–3 p.m.
- Where: Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District, 4750 East 131 Street, Garfield Heights (map and directions), side door.
- What: art and craft materials donated by the local graphic design, interior design and architectural community.
- Who: artists, educators, homeschoolers, community program administrators, craftworkers, artists, daycare providers, anyone who can use the materials offered. You don’t need to be a resident of Cuyahoga County, or even of Northeast Ohio.
- How: Come to the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Facility on either date, check in at the reception table, explore what’s available and take what you need. Be sure to bring boxes and bags to take your materials home.
ZeroLandfill asks you to note that:
- Pollination and harvest hours are only during the hours and dates posted.
- All questions should be directed to IIDA Cleveland/Akron City Center at email@example.com. Please do not contact the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Facility with any questions.
- All volunteer positions are currently filled. ZeroLandfill Cleveland thanks you for your willingness to help but cannot accept any walk-ins.
ZeroLandfill is a project of BeeDance, LLC, an online marketplace that connects abandoned assets destined for the waste stream with local audiences who will use these assets in their programs and processes.
ZeroLandfill collects specification samples from architectural, interior and graphic design firms and distributes them to local artists and arts educators. Since 2006, the ZeroLandfill project team has reduced pressure on local landfills by distributing over one million pounds of these materials.
ZeroLandfill: Keeping arts and crafts materials out of the landfill.
Want to stay in touch with the latest in recycling news in the Cleveland area? Just click on the Subscribe link below any of my article headlines or following the bio on my Examiner.com page.
To access more of my articles on recycling in northeast Ohio, click on my name or visit my blog, Keep It Out of the Landfill.