School is in session and our favorite study group is back at Greendale Community College in Community: The Complete Fifth Season. Popular series creator Dan Harmon returns as the executive producer/showrunner and reunites with his funny and quick-witted ensemble cast. Led by Joel McHale, the fifth season of Community also stars Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Ken Jeong, Donald Glover and Academy Award winner Jim Rash. Guest stars in the fifth season include Jonathan Banks, John Oliver, Mitch Hurwitz, Vince Gilligan, Brie Larson, David Cross, Walton Goggins, Rob Corddry, Nathan Fillion and many more.
After the events of Season 4, Greendale College is in a stage of transition with the addition of new teachers and new students. Paired with the original gang, the result is more off-kilter hijinks for every Community fan to enjoy. Just one year after graduation, former student Jeff McHale is teaching at Greendale with Professor Hickey showing him the ropes and offering advice on how to handle rowdy students. Meanwhile, the death of Pierce leads to an investigation that exposes shocking discoveries among the group. As Troy leaves Greendale in search of new adventures, Annie and Abed search for a new roommate and the study group embark on an animated "G.I. Jeff" adventure, inspired by "G.I. Joe." By the end of the season, Subway has plans to purchase Greendale and the school board makes a shocking decision that affects the whole group’s future.
Special features include cast and crew commentary on every episode, outtakes, and two all-new, behind-the-scenes featurettes. "Re-Animating the '80s" gives an inside look at the team behind the animation of "G.I. Jeff" and the process of developing the look, script and characters. "Advanced Television Production: 5 Days, 2 Scripts, No Sleep" is a 42 minute in-depth and intimate look into the writers' room with creator Dan Harmon. The featurette documents Harmon as he writes two episodes in a very short amount of time, while managing his other duties as showrunner, from attending rehearsals and reshoots to meeting with the crew on upcoming productions issues.
Community was canceled by NBC, but has been picked up by Yahoo! Screen for a 13-episode sixth season.
- “Repilot” - In the Season 5 premiere, Jeff returns to Greendale to collect evidence for a lawsuit. Upon hearing news of Jeff's visit, the Dean organizes a reunion for the study group in hopes that Jeff is back to help save the school.
- “Introduction to Teaching” - Professor Hickey shows Jeff the ropes at Greendale and gives him advice for handling rowdy students; and Abed convinces the study group to take a new class with Professor Garrity, "Nicolas Cage: Good or Bad."
- “Basic Intergluteal Numismatics” - An anonymous bandit drops coins down people's pants, prompting Dean Pelton, Jeff and Annie to launch investigations. But when someone actually confesses, Jeff doesn't believe the story.
- “Cooperative Polygraphy” - A team of investigators grill the study group after Pierce's death in order to execute his will, leading the group to learn surprising things about one other.
- “Geothermal Escapism” - Abed organizes a going-away activity for Troy, and what starts as a fun game turns into a heated competition.
- “Analysis of Cork-Based Networking” - Annie and Professor Hickey prepare for the midterm dance and must navigate power struggles with the custodial, IT and parking staff.
- “Bondage and Beta Male Sexuality” - Jeff gives Professor Duncan advice on seducing Britta. Meanwhile, Britta reconnects with old friends and realizes how they've changed; Abed accidentally damages Professor Hickey's drawings, which leads to the pair spending quality time together; and Chang performs a one-man show for an other-worldly audience.
- “App Development and Condiments” - Class war erupts when Greendale becomes a test site for a new social-network application. Competition for the highest score leaves Jeff and Shirley battling for supremacy and Britta protesting. Professor Hickey, meanwhile, goes underground to wait out the storm.
- “VCR Maintenance and Educational Publishing” - Jeff, Shirley and Professor Hickey stumble upon a secret stash of textbooks and decide how to monetize their discovery. Meanwhile, things get intense when Abed and Annie try to pick a new roommate.
- “Advanced Advanced Dungeons & Dragons” - Professor Hickey announces that he has just become a grandfather. But since he and his son (David Cross) don't speak to each other, the gang stage a game of Dungeons and Dragons in an attempt to get the two to reconnect.
- “G.I. Jeff” - The study group embark on an animated adventure inspired by "G.I. Joe."
- “Basic Story” - Subway plans to purchase the Greendale campus and establish a Subway University in its place. Meanwhile, Jeff considers an employment offer from Subway; Britta ponders an offer from Jeff; and Annie and Abed obtain information about Greendale's first dean, which leads to a discovery within the school's walls.
- “Basic Sandwich” - The history of Greendale's first dean is uncovered in the Season 5 finale. Meanwhile, Annie and Abed search for an abandoned computer lab; Chang becomes involved in Subway's plan to take over Greendale; and Jeff and Britta make a decision about their futures.
- Joel McHale as Jeff Winger
- Gillian Jacobs as Britta Perry
- Danny Pudi as Abed Nadir
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Shirley Bennett
- Alison Brie as Annie Edison
- Donald Glover as Troy Barnes
- Jim Rash as Dean Craig Pelton
- Ken Jeong as Ben Chang
- Jonathan Banks as Professor Buzz Hickey
- John Oliver as Professor Ian Duncan
- Richard Erdman as Leonard Briggs
- Charley Koontz as Neil
- Erik Charles Nielsen as Garrett Lambert
- Dino Stamatopoulos as Alex "Star-Burns" Osbourne
- Danielle Kaplowitz as Vicki
- Commentary on every episode
- Re-Animating the '80s
- Advanced Television Production: 5 Days, 2 Scripts, No Sleep
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.