Releasing from the Disney Vault and coming to Blu-ray for the first time is the original animated classic The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) with pristine digitally restored picture and brilliant high-definition sound. All the beloved characters of the Hundred Acre Woods come alive once again to thrill the young at heart and enthrall a whole new generation. Calling to that place in each of us that still believes in magic, Pooh and friends take us on a whimsical adventure in this collection of original Pooh shorts -- "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree," "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day," and "Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too" -- seamlessly linked together and narrated by Sebastian Cabot. Based on the Winnie the Pooh books by British storyteller A. A. Milne, the enchanting voice cast of the 22nd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series includes Sterling Holloway as Pooh, Paul Winchell as Tigger, John Fiedler as Piglet, Ralph Wright as Eeyore, Junius Matthews as Rabbit and Hal Smith as Owl. The film boast classic songs by the Sherman Brothers including "Winnie the Pooh" and "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers".
In “Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree,” Pooh is hungry and is fresh out of honey. With the help of Christopher Robin, he executes a plan to disguise himself as a black rain cloud and use a red balloon to fly up to the top of the honey tree. Hilarity ensues when his plan fails and both Pooh and Christopher Robin are chased by the bees. Still hungry, Pooh heads to Rabbit’s house and ends up devouring all of Rabbit’s honey. Completely full, he leaves Rabbit’s front door (a hole) and gets stuck because of his huge tummy. Everyone in the Hundred Acre Woods tries to help, but there is nothing that can be done except wait until Pooh gets thin again. When they are finally able to pull Pooh out, he ends up stuck in a honey tree with an ample supply of honey to eat to his heart’s content.
In “Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day,” it is a very windy Wednesday and Pooh and Piglet get caught by the wind and fly off around the Hundred Acre Woods as Pooh holds onto Piglet’s scarf like a kite on a string. As Pooh passes by his friends, he wishes them a very happy Winds-day. The pair end up at Owl’s house where the strong winds topple his home, whereby Eeyore volunteers to seek out a new one for Owl. That night, the wind is still blowing and Pooh finds an orange bouncing tiger named Tigger at his door looking for something to eat. He tries Pooh’s honey and decides he does not like it, however he warns Pooh that there are Heffalumps and Woozles in the forest that steal honey. Poor Pooh ends up having a nightmare as a result. Later, the flooding rain causes both Piglet and Pooh to be washed away from their homes and the Hundred Acre Woods gang gathers to rescue them. When Owl finds them, a waterfall threatens to carry them all over the side. Pooh switches places with Piglet and the two end up safe and sound. Christopher Robin throws a party to celebrate Pooh’s heroism and Eeyore announces he has found Owl a new home -- Piglet’s beech tree home. Piglet decides that Owl should have it and Pooh offers to let Piglet move in with him -- making the hero party for two instead of one.
- Enter here for a chance to win an official In A World... movie poster autographed by Lake Bell - Expires 8/31/13
- Enter here for a chance to win a Standing Up DVD autographed by director D.J. Caruso - Expires 8/31/13
In “Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too,” it is the fall and Tigger is bouncing all over the place. Rabbit becomes rather annoyed and concocts a plan to ditch Tigger in the Hundred Acre Woods. His plan fails when he, Pooh and Piglet get lost. While Pooh and Piglet successfully find their way home, Rabbit goes off on his own and is hopelessly lost. Stuck in the forest, he is terribly frightened until Tigger comes to his rescue as “Tiggers never get lost.” One day during wintertime, Tigger is called upon to look after Roo when Kanga is busy. The two go out to play and try ice skating -- which Tigger realizes he hates. Later on, Tigger is bouncing in the woods with Roo on his back when he accidentally jumps too high and gets stuck at the top of a very tall tree. Too afraid to come down, the gang come out to help. Tigger is rescued (with the help of the narrator) after he promises Rabbit never to bounce again. Poor depressed Tigger walks away as he is not allowed to bounce anymore. After Rabbit is reminded of how much joy bouncing Tigger brought to everyone, he shows Tigger sympathy and takes back the promise. An over-excited Tigger shows Rabbit his appreciation by giving him a friendly tackle and teaches everyone how to bounce like Tigger.
DVD and Blu-ray special features include “Geniuses” mini adventures of Winnie the Pooh short and “The Winnie the Pooh Theme Song” music video. Exclusive to Blu-ray are four more shorts, Pooh Play-Along, “Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore” animated featurette, “The Story Behind the Masterpiece” featurette and Disney Intermission.
View video: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Trailer
- Sterling Holloway as Winnie the Pooh
- John Fiedler as Piglet
- Junius Matthews as Rabbit
- Paul Winchell as Tigger
- Howard Morris as Gopher
- Bruce Reitherman as Christopher Robin (Honey Tree)
- Jon Walmsley as Christopher Robin (Blustery Day)
- Timothy Turner as Christopher Robin (Tigger Too)
- Ralph Wright as Eeyore
- Hal Smith as Owl
- Clint Howard as Roo (Honey Tree and Blustery Day)
- Dori Whitaker as Roo (Tigger Too)
- Barbara Luddy as Kanga
- Sebastian Cabot as Narrator
DVD Special Features:
- Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Short - Geniuses
- Music Video: "The Winnie the Pooh Theme Song"
Blu-ray Special Features:
- Pooh Play-Along - The Narrator invites you to play along with Pooh and his pals.
- 5 Mini Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh Shorts:
- If I Wasn’t So Small
- Piglet’s Drawings
- The Expedition
- The Honey Song
- A Day For Eeyore
- The Story Behind The Masterpiece
- Music Video: “The Winnie The Pooh Theme Song”
- Disney Intermission
- Amazon.com - Save $5 when you pre-order The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Blu-ray Combo Pack and another eligible title.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.