From CBS comes the Primetime Emmy-nominated crime drama television series Elementary: The Second Season. Created by Robert Doherty, it is a contemporary take on Sir Conan Doyle’s legendary detective Sherlock Holmes. It stars Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson.
Set in modern-day New York City, former Scotland Yard consultant Sherlock Holmes is the dangerously eccentric consulting detective who is addicted to impossible cases. Together with Dr. Joan Watson, his “sober companion” turned partner in detection, they take on some of the strangest crimes New York has ever seen. Returning to the scene of the crime, they assist the police in uncovering clues that unlock the city's most sinister secrets. When Sherlock's estranged brother Mycroft reunites with him, events unfold that ultimately affect Sherlock and Watson’s close relationship. In the wake of a crisis of treason and murder, secrets are revealed that will force Sherlock to re-evaluate everything. Only to the very sharpest minds do the incredible solutions seem elementary.
Special features include a gag reel and “Holmes Goes Home” featurette.
Elementary: Season 3 premieres on CBS on Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 10/9c.
- “Step Nine” - Season 2 begins with Holmes and Watson traveling to London to help a former mentor investigate an unsolved mystery. Meanwhile, Sherlock's estranged brother Mycroft reunites with him and reveals some secrets of his own.
- “Solve for X” - A highly respected mathematician is murdered. Holmes investigates and tries to discover the purpose behind a guarded equation the victim was attempting to decipher. Meanwhile, Watson is conflicted when the son of a former patient asks her for a loan.
- “We Are Everyone” - Holmes is targeted by a group of cyber-activists when he hunts for a civil contractor who leaked classified information. Meanwhile, Joan signs up for an online dating service.
- “Poison Pen” - The CEO of a financial consulting company is poisoned to death, and one of the suspects is a woman from Sherlock's past.
- “Ancient History” - Holmes enters the dark world of the Polish mob to find a killer. Meanwhile, Watson helps a close friend track down a mystery man who swept her off her feet.
- “An Unnatural Arrangement” - Holmes and Watson investigate when Capt. Gregson's wife is the victim of a home invasion from a masked gunman. Meanwhile, Gregson gives his team some insight into his private life.
- “The Marchioness” - Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, arrives in New York and asks Holmes and Watson to help him solve a case involving his former fiancée. Sherlock agrees to help but finds it difficult to accept Mycroft's close relationship with Joan.
- “Blood is Thicker” - Holmes and Watson investigate a young woman's murder and her ties to a billionaire CEO. Meanwhile, Mycroft tries to get Sherlock to move back to London.
- “On the Line” - Holmes and Watson uncover the identity of a serial killer whose cases have gone cold. Their discovery leads to friction between themselves and the NYPD.
- “Tremors” - Holmes is forced to testify under oath in an official police inquiry when an investigation goes horribly wrong, but his cooperation jeopardizes his and Watson's future with the NYPD.
- “Internal Audit” - A hedge-fund manager who was running a Ponzi scheme is murdered. Holmes and Watson investigate to determine which one of his clients is guilty. Meanwhile, Sherlock considers sponsoring a fellow recovering addict.
- “The Diabolical Kind” - Holmes and Watson face their one-time adversary Moriarty when she is brought in as a consultant on a kidnapping case. Meanwhile, Bell continues to struggle with his recovery.
- “All in the Family” - A body is found in a barrel and the investigation leads Holmes and Watson to look into the Mafia's ties to the murder. Meanwhile, Sherlock tries to make amends with Det. Bell.
- “Dead Clade Walking” - Watson examines one of Sherlock's cold cases and discovers that an unsolved murder is connected to a rare prehistoric fossil. Meanwhile, Holmes enters uncharted territory when his duties as a sobriety sponsor cross his personal boundaries.
- “Corpse de Ballet” - Holmes puts the focus on a professional dance company when a rising ballerina is murdered. Meanwhile, Watson investigates the possible abduction of a homeless veteran.
- “The One Percent Solution” - Holmes and Watson are forced to partner with Gareth Lestrade, Sherlock's former Scotland Yard colleague, on a bombing investigation.
- “Ears to You” - A man suspected of murdering his wife years ago receives a ransom demand for her safe return. Meanwhile, Lestrade overstays his welcome with Holmes and seems unwilling to leave.
- “The Hound of the Cancer Cells” - Holmes investigates the murder of an influential cancer researcher and tries to determine whether the scientist's untimely demise was linked to his latest cutting-edge invention that could have changed the face of modern medicine.
- “The Many Mouths of Andrew Colville” - A serial killer who was presumed to be dead reappears and resumes his murderous ways, or so it appears.
- “No Lack of Void” - Holmes and Watson track a lethal toxin's origin when a pickpocket dies of anthrax poisoning.
- “The Man with the Twisted Lip” - A surprise visit from Sherlock's brother Mycroft leads to discord between Holmes and Watson. Meanwhile, Sherlock and Joan investigate a missing person's case that takes them into the world of unmanned aeronautics.
- “Paint It Black” - Sherlock is forced to partner with his estranged brother, Mycroft, to investigate a case with life-or-death consequences.
- “Art in the Blood” - Holmes and Watson investigate what appears to be a routine murder but soon discover that it has international and political implications, which then brings them into contact with MI-6. Meanwhile, in the wake of a crisis, Joan re-evaluates her relationships with Sherlock and Mycroft.
- “The Grand Experiment” - Season 2 ends with the relationship between Holmes and Watson coming to a crossroads, but they agree to put their differences aside to help Sherlock's brother Mycroft, who faces accusations of treason and murder.
- Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes
- Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson
- Aidan Quinn as Captain Tobias "Toby" Gregson
- Jon Michael Hill as Detective Marcus Bell
- Rhys Ifans as Mycroft Holmes
- Sean Pertwee as Gareth Lestrade
- Gag Reel
- Holmes Goes Home
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.