From NBC comes the riveting breakout crime drama television series The Blacklist: The Complete First Season. Golden Globe nominee James Spader leads a stellar cast that includes Megan Boone, Ryan Eggold, Harry Lennix, Diego Klattenhoff and Parminder Nagra.
Former government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington”, one of FBI’s most wanted fugitives, has eluded capture for decades. Inexplicably, he suddenly turns himself into the FBI with a list of the worst criminal nightmares that nobody knows about. However there is one condition, this mysterious man will only cooperate with rookie FBI profiler Elizabeth "Liz" Keen. Her first day is a mess of questions with no time for answers when a dead terrorist puts them on a short timeline -- being the first of many criminals on the Blacklist that he will help them neutralize.
DVD and Blu-ray special features include commentary on three key episodes and two all-new featurettes. "The Insider: Making Season One" takes viewers through the freshman season with the cast, writers and executive producers, from brainstorming the weekly Blacklisters to developing character relationships. In addition, there are 22 episodes of "Beyond the Blacklist," offering a behind-the-scenes look at each of episodes. Exclusively available on Blu-ray are two additional featurettes. The first, "Inception: Making the Pilot," provides an inside look at how The Blacklist was brought to life, featuring the cast, production team, creator Jon Bokenkamp and pilot director Joe Carnahan. The second featurette, "Rogue's Gallery: The Blacklisters," gives insight into the writers and executive producers' process of creating the notorious criminals on the show. Also exclusive to the Blu-ray are behind-the-scenes character profiles on all the major players, from "Red" and Liz Keen to Tom Keen and FBI Assistant Director Harold Cooper.
The Blacklist: Season 2 premieres on NBC on Monday, September 22, 2014 at 10/9c.
- “Pilot” - The race to stop a terrorist begins in the premiere of this crime series about a most-wanted fugitive who works with a rookie FBI profiler to take down criminals and evildoers.
- “The Freelancer” - Red predicts a catastrophe will occur and will stem from the work of an assassin called the Freelancer. When Red and Liz go undercover to protect the killer's next target (Isabella Rossellini), Ressler and a rehired CIA agent monitor the duo from afar.
- “Wujing” - Red and Liz go undercover to pursue a high-level Chinese spy who may be involved in a shadowy scheme to decode a classified CIA transmission. Elsewhere, Liz puts the investigative focus on Tom.
- “The Stewmaker” - Liz testifies against a drug lord. Danger lurks when a witness in the case is abducted at the hands of possibly "the Stewmaker," a man responsible for hundreds of missing people. Meanwhile, Red and Ressler join forces for the first time.
- “The Courier” - The hunt is on for an elusive courier who's delivering a package worth millions to an Iranian spy. As she scrambles to stop the transaction, Liz gets swept up in a kidnapping scheme. Meanwhile, Ressler is forced to accept Liz's importance to the team.
- “Gina Zanetakos” - A beautiful yet menacing corporate terrorist is tracked. Meanwhile, Tom confronts Liz about a mysterious box.
- “Frederick Barnes” - Liz and the FBI track the criminal responsible for a chemical attack on a subway. Elsewhere, Liz reluctantly reaches out to Red to help nab a brilliant scientist (Robert Sean Leonard).
- “General Ludd” - A plot to destroy the U.S. financial system is uncovered by Liz. Meanwhile, Tom helps Liz when a family member becomes ill.
- “Anslo Garrick - Part 1” - Part 1 of 2. Donald tries to protect Red from a possible assassination attempt. Meanwhile, the next blacklist target infiltrates the FBI's black site and hunts down Red; and Liz gets caught in an elevator.
- “Anslo Garrick - Part 2” - Conclusion. Liz infiltrates the black site, but trouble looms large. Meanwhile, Red sets out to bargain with blacklist target Anslo Garrick as Ressler's destiny hangs in the balance, and Tom grows increasingly concerned about Liz's situation.
- “The Good Samaritan Killer” - A search for a mole puts the entire FBI team under investigation. Meanwhile, a missing Red targets the person who betrayed him, and a serial killer from Liz's past strikes again.
- “The Alchemist” - The team goes undercover to pursue the Alchemist, who uses science to transform DNA and who's been assigned to protect a mob informant. Elsewhere, Liz targets an unlikely couple; Tom and Liz's relationship is tested; and Ressler faces a big decision.
- “The Cyprus Agency” - A series of baby abductions prompts the team to target an illegal adoption agency in a case that turns personal for Liz.
- “Madeline Pratt” - An issue of national security centers on an ancient artifact. Also: Red puts the focus on a woman from his past; Red persuades Liz to pull off a shadowy heist; and Tom tries to come to terms with a looming adoption.
- “The Judge” - A prosecutor is found after being missing for 12 years, prompting Red to target "The Judge" (Dianne Wiest), who allegedly oversees an underground criminal appeals process that punishes those who have wrongly imprisoned others. Meanwhile, Red scrutinizes a woman who tempts Tom in Orlando.
- “Mako Tanida” - Red targets a past associate, a crime lord who then seeks revenge after escaping from prison. Elsewhere, Tom confronts Jolene.
- “Ivan” - A high-tech cyber defense asset is stolen, with clues pointing to a Russian terrorist as the guilty party. Meanwhile, Jolene's vanishing sheds light on mysteries involving Tom.
- “Milton Bobbit” - The team targets the Undertaker, a life-insurance figure who steers ordinary people into becoming contract killers. Elsewhere, Liz and Red try to unearth Tom's secrets.
- “The Pavlovich Brothers” - The team targets brothers who specialize in abducting high-profile marks. Meanwhile, Liz patiently investigates the truth about Tom.
- “The Kingmaker” - A politician in Prague is framed for murder, triggering the team's effort to take down the Kingmaker, a shifty strategist who's behind the rise of powerful politicians. Meanwhile, Liz unearths a secret that Red has been hiding.
- “Berlin - Part 1” - Part 1 of 2. Liz concludes that she can't trust anyone and refuses to work with Red after the truth about her father's death is revealed. Red seeks to make amends and delivers a case the FBI can't turn down. Elsewhere, Liz divulges information about Tom.
- “Berlin - Part 2” - Conclusion. In the Season 1 finale, authorities pursue prisoners who are on the run after their transport plane crashes. Liz hopes to enlist Red to help track down all the escapees, particularly the mysterious prisoner Berlin.
- James Spader as Raymond "Red" Reddington
- Megan Boone as FBI Special Agent Elizabeth Keen
- Diego Klattenhoff as FBI Special Agent Donald Ressler
- Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen
- Harry Lennix as Harold Cooper
- Parminder Nagra as Meera Malik
- Amir Arison as Aram Mojtabai
- Charles Baker as Grey (Newton Phillips)
- Deborah S. Craig as Luli Zheng
- Jane Alexander as Diane Fowler
- Alan Alda as Alan Fitch
- Susan Blommaert as Mr. Kaplan
- Graeme Malcolm as "Armed observer with apple"
- Rachel Brosnahan as Lucy Brooks (alias Jolene Parker)
- Lance Reddick as The Cowboy
- Peter Stormare as Berlin (No. 08)
- Hisham Tawfiq as Dembe
- Emily Tremaine as Audrey Bidwell
DVD Special Features:
- Commentary on the pilot episode, "Anslo Garrick - Part 1" and "Berlin: Conclusion" with Jon Bokenkamp, John Eisendrath and Joe Carnahan
- The Insider: Making Season One - The cast, writers and executive producers of The Blacklist take us through Season One, from brainstorming the weekly Blacklisters to developing the relationships between Elizabeth Keen, Tom Keen, and the "concierge of crime," Raymond Reddington.
- Beyond the Blacklist - A behind-the-scenes look at all 22 episodes of The Blacklist
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- Inception: Making the Pilot - An inside look at the making of the pilot, introducing the team that brought The Blacklist to life.
- Rogue's Gallery: The Blacklisters - The writers and executive producers of The Blacklist discuss their process of creating the notorious criminals on the show. The cast weighs in on some of their favorite guest stars.
- Character Dossiers:
o Raymond Reddington - Who is Raymond Reddington really? James Spader, Megan Boone and the producers of The Blacklist discuss Spader's role.
o Elizabeth Keen - Megan Boone talks all things Liz Keen from her relationship with Raymond Reddington to her emotional journey throughout the first season.
o Tom Keen - Ryan Eggold discusses the challenges and joys of playing a character whose motivations aren't revealed until late in the season.
o Donald Ressler - Megan Boone and producers John Eisendrath and Jon Bokenkamp weigh in on working with Diego, how Ressler almost lost a leg, and why we shouldn't believe everything we see.
o Harold Cooper - Harry Lennix and producer Jon Bokenkamp discuss the character of Harold Cooper, a character whose history, especially with Raymond Reddington, might just come further into focus as the show progresses.
o Meera Malik - Parminder Nagra and the producers discuss the multiple dimensions to Meera Malik.
o Aram Mojtabai - Amir Arison takes us through his season from starting as a day player to his scene with James Spader as Aram races against the clock to save his own life.
- Best Buy - The Blacklist: The Complete First Season Blu-ray with T-Shirt.
- Target - The Blacklist: The Complete First Season Red Edition with exclusive Villains Dossier.
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray with T-Shirt - $39.99
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.