Think you can sing or dance in front of hundreds of people at a special holiday gathering? Here’s your chance.
Auditions have been announced for the 51st Annual Circle of Lights in downtown Indianapolis at Monument Circle. Presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW 481, the traditional event will take place the day after Thanksgiving on Friday, Nov. 29, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The talent search will take place:
Thursday, Sept. 26 from 4 – 8 p.m. I BEW Local 481 Hall, 1828 North Meridian St.
Saturday, Oct. 5 from 9 a.m. - noon Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave. (Take Sam Jones Expressway to Lynhurst. North on Lynhurst to Minnesota. West on Minnesota to Lawndale. Left on S. Lawndale just before the I-465 overpass.)
Select performers will be invited back for second auditions on Oct. 15. Acts are encouraged to have a second number prepared should they be invited to call-backs.
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Performers will audition in the order in which they arrive. Performers are asked to allow several hours for the audition process on both Sept. 26 & Oct. 5.
If chosen, performers will be sharing the stage with Indianapolis native Sandi Patty and The von Trapp Family. The lighting will take place at about 7:45 p.m. with fireworks. The holiday centerpiece is complete with 4,784 lights and 52 garland strands.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
• Not to exceed 2 minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 – 3½ minutes to perform but for the sake of time, audition time must be limited.
• A holiday theme is required (upbeat preferred.)
• Tracks are to be formatted to CD. If necessary, a keyboard and microphones will be provided. Performers must provide their own keyboardist.
• Stage dimensions are 24’ x 16.’
• Group size not to exceed 25 persons.
• Those acts that audition in person are generally more successful.
Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsal dates prior to the event and from 2:30 – 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event.