Happy Friday everyone!
There's a big time film project soon to be filmed in the DMV area, folks. It's called The Sick, and open auditions will be held for it this Sunday, March 10, 2013, Noon to 6pm, at a spa near the School of Rock named The Face Place which is located at 6935 Oakland Mills Rd., Suite P in Columbia, MD 21045.
Read all about the project here:
Who/what is Prosense Productions and what does it do?
- Prosense Productions LLC is a premiere production company in the DMV area.
- Not only does Prosense Productions LLC create multimedia content for contract, but also actively searches out and pulls in some of the region's best talent to produce our own original content.
What has Prosense Productions done in the past?
- Prosense Productions has produced music videos and has been contracted by other production companies for spec work including feature length films; not to mention event organization, brand building, sound, lighting, decor, and many, many other things to support our customers.
- One of the most recognizable productions we were on was Ninjas vs Monsters, we also did work for Z*Con, Thelma vs The Walking Dead, and various movies. Music videos include artists like Chute, Black Dog Prowl, Frenamie, G'Ra, Somewhere Anywhere Else, and others.
What is "The Sick"?
- The Sick is a suspense/thriller movie from an original concept by Andrea Baker that was further developed by Joe Higgs and other collaborators, then written as a screen play by James McClung. It delves into a couple's relationship and circumstance regarding an unknown sickness. The full plot is a guarded secret until it's release.
How long have you worked on it?
- This movie has been in development and pre-production for almost two years.
What has been done and what is left to do?
- The story has been developed and made into a screenplay.
- Most of the core and essential crew members have been recruited.
- Most of the production equipment has been procured.
- The main locations have been locked in.
- Storyboards are nearing completion.
- Remaining funding needs to be raised.
- Additional insurance policies need to be added.
- Casting needs to be held and then finalized.
- Remaining crew needs to be finalized.
- Additional locations/permits need to be locked down.
- Filming/Production will take place.
- Post Production will commence.
- The completion of the movie.
- Theatrical release.
- Submit for awards.
- Submit to various festivals.
- Distribution & sales.
Who is working on it?
- We have found the best people in our area for each task.
- Joe Higgs of Prosense Productions LLC as an Executive Producer
- Andrea Baker of Prosense Productions LLC as an Executive Producer
- Felix Penzarella of Burning Glass Media as Director
- Habib Awan of Burning Glass Media as Cinematographer and Director of Photography
- Jake Weeks of JWeeks Audio as Sound Engineer and Audio Technician
- Kimberly Wood of Prosense Productions LLC as Production Manager
- Many other extremely talented and wonderful people that we can not release until terms and contracts are finalized.
Who is the target audience?
- We're aiming for a very broad audience, but main target consists of fans of suspense/thrillers in their 20's to 30's
What about casting/auditions?
- Auditions will be held March 9th, which is already booked up, and March 10th, which is an open and unscheduled time-slot audition.
- The time for Sunday March 10th is Noon to 6pm.
- The location is a spa near the School of Rock named The Face Place which is located at 6935 Oakland Mills Rd. Suite P in Columbia, MD 21045
- We ask that people park at, and use, the back entrance.
- We ask that people come prepared with 1 headshot and 5 copies of their resume, but a digital un-touched headshot will be available on location for a fee of $10.
- We ask that people have a 60-second monologue if they are trying for one of the leads.
Who will we cast?
- “Husband” - Age: 34-38 Ethnicity: White, American* (open to other races)
- APPEARANCE: Height and Build: 5’10-6’3, Strong/Athletic, 165-200lb (ish)
- Clothing/Style: Husband's attire is more formal than wife's (both due to the nature of his job and his personality) he wears a suit when returning from the travel and will occasionally wear the same suit to work. He will also wear button down, collared shirts with jeans, even on the weekends, but is not necessarily opposed to a more casual t-shirt with jeans during his free time either. At night he may be seen wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt with socks or slippers (or both). He wears contact lenses.
- Characters Personality: Husband is strong, confident, methodical, intelligent, and at times domineering. He is also selfish. He does “love” his wife. But this love may stem from the stability she offers at home. He strongly desires to be in control of any situation he is in, however, unlike his wife, he is willing to fight to take it. He may sometimes be seen as a bull in a china shop, especially when compared to the less dominant wife, however, this never really reaches the point of physical spousal abuse.
- Implied nudity and sexual situations
- “Wife” - Female, Age: 30-35, Ethnicity: White, American* (open to other races)
- APPEARANCE: Height and Build: 5’3-5’8, Slender, 115lb-145lb (ish)
- Clothing/Style: Since she spends much of her time at home in the film, casual wear is fine. Sweat pants, t-shirts. She may be farsighted and wear glasses occasionally. She has no visible tattoos
- Character Personality: Wife is smart, witty, creative, and careful. However, she is also introverted, slightly agoraphobic, and a light germaphobe. Like her husband she does not react well to situations being totally out of her control, however, she is not usually willing to take the risks or make the effort needed to regain it (control).
- Implied nudity and sexual situations
- “Neighbor” - a non-race specific male between 25 and 45.
- “Neighbor's Children” - 2 children under 12, should resemble “Neighbor” character.
- “Boss” - older male, mostly needed for voice.
- “Traveler” - non-specific.
- “News Team” - non-specific.
- “Witnesses” - non-specific.
- A slim/tall stunt person.
What will set this film apart?
- We have spent an incalculable amount of time revising and perfecting the story and developing nuances within it.
- Repeatability - We expect viewers to catch new subtle or hidden details with every viewing of the film.
- We aim to have evolving points of view, continually put into new perspective as new details are noticed for our viewers.
What does Prosense Productions aim to accomplish?
- We expect this to be the highest quality independent thriller to ever come out of this area.
- We hope to finally bring the quality of independent DC cinematography to the heightened standards of Hollywood.
- We're working mostly with local artists, though we are not limiting ourselves to only locals. My Enemy Complete and Fatally Yours are both local bands that will be on the soundtrack as well as a several other artists we are in talks with and can not officially disclose until the contracts are completed.
- Among our current companies and crew, we have well over $100k invested already, we will only be asking for $25k more via a Kickstarter campaign.
- All pre-production time has been donated by all involved parties that do this for a living.
- The money will be put specifically toward production and post-production to pay for the time, remaining equipment, props, additional insurance and licensing, and other expenses it takes to produce a quality film.
What perks will Kickstarter contributors expect?
- We are working with local artists for decor within the movie and will be offering some of the artwork as perks for contributors.
- Exclusive tracks and the soundtrack will be available at certain reward levels.
- Shirts and merchandise will be available as rewards at certain reward levels.
- Signed copies of the finished product at certain reward levels.
- Offering the naming of certain characters by contributor levels, with our approval of course.
- We are currently coming up with other unique perks as incentive for contributors.
What's after The Sick for Prosense Productions?
- We are continually updating the website as things develop, as we get more information, or as people ask questions we haven't yet answered.
- We have 2 more feature-length films already lined up to work on under other production companies, and more being discussed.
- We continually have musicians coming to us for music videos.
- We hope to hire more full-time employees as the company grows.
- We hope to expand to larger budgets and better productions to really show that our area can do anything Hollywood can do.
- One day we plan to have our own studios and then bring even more people's dreams into reality.