Roadwork will begin Saturday, September 7, 2013, at 7 a.m. on Auburn Road in Rochester Hills between Adams and Dequindre Roads. There is no planned full closure of the road as it will only be necessary to close specific parts during the patching. The scheduled end date is Monday, September 16, 2013, at 6 a.m.
According to Road Commission Oakland County (RCOC) lane closures to be removed daily at the end of each work period. Lane closures will alternate between lanes of Old M-59 (Auburn Road). The majority of the work will be conducted during the day. Available weekday work hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Signalized intersections will be completed at night.
One lane of traffic will be maintained under flag control in the two lane sections. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times in the multi-lane sections. In the 3 lane sections a double lane closure will be used with flag control followed by a single lane closure to complete the work. In the 5 lane section the center 3 lanes will be closed followed by single lane closures in each direction to complete the project work. Additional flaggers will be on site to address the traffic on intermediate driveways and intersecting roadways. Lane closures will be limited to 1 to 1.5 miles in length
Learning more about Rochester Hills
- Best place to buy a computer.
- Best Italian restaurant.
- Best place to change a taillight.
- Best place to buy a mattress.
Books about Rochester and Rochester Hills
- Rochester and Rochester Hills, part of the images of America series.
- Earth Eyes, Rochester Hills, Michigan: Including Rochester Hills’ history, Thelma G. Spencer Park, Leader Dogs for the Blind, Crittenton Hospital and more.
- A Pitch in Time, the story of baseball in Rochester written by Robert Lytle, owner of Lytle Pharmacy in downtown Rochester.