Like all the branches of this worldwide chain, the hotel will feature Rock ‘n Roll memorabilia that will include autographed guitars, costumes from world tours, rare photographs, original contracts and a whole lot more. You’ll see souvenirs from Ole Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, swivel King Elvis, the outrageous Lady Gaga and the ever popular Justin Timberlake.
In a press release announcing the opening, Hard Rock stated, “We can’t wait to show off our amazing collection,” says Hector Moreno, vice president and general manager of the Palm Springs hotel.. “Our guests will get to see items from the biggest legends in musical history, as well as memorabilia from contemporary superstars like Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani, Rihanna, Shakira, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, and so many other incredible performers.”
The release also listed collection highlights such as:
- Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards signed Danelectro guitar, considered a collector’s item in itself
- Original photos used in the artwork for the Who’s epic 1973 album, Quadrophenia
- A corduroy jacket owned and worn by the late, great Johnny Cash.
- A wool jacket worn by Frank Sinatra, as well as a supplement to his Capitol Records contract from April 1, 1953 that was signed by the Chairman himself, stipulating that he would always receive top billing on all record labels. Sinatra was also a part time Palm Springs resident.
- A leather biker jacket once owned by Elvis, along with a badge given to the King by the Palm Springs Police Department making him an honorary Captain.
- A unique Vera Thordardottir outfit worn by Lady Gaga during her performance at Sir Elton John’s “White Tie and Tiara Ball” in 2010
- A stylish William Rast tuxedo jacket worn by Justin Timberlake in a 2008 “Fashion Rocks” photo shoot.
- A fringed outfit worn by Barbados-born pop sensation Rihanna in the video for her 2010 smash single “Only Girl (In the World)”
- A meticulously hand-crafted First Act guitar made especially for, and with the input of, Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine who used it on stage.
- A Yamaha CB70 electric grand piano acquired by Chris Martin of Coldplay, who used it live as a composition tool and also in the video for “Shiver”
- A leather shirt from the personal wardrobe of Sly Stone, leader of Sly and the Family Stone
- A custom suit tailored for Sammy Davis, Jr. who once owned a home in Palm Springs
- A fringed jacket from the 1960’s belonging to Jimi Hendrix, certainly the most important and influential electric guitarist of all time, who also had an impcact on the world of fashion
- Bruce Springsteen’s lyrics to “Hearts of Stone” – never released – with his handwritten annotations
- Eric Clapton’s vintage National Studio 66 guitar
- A fringed vest worn by the first lady of country music, Loretta Lynn
If you think that collection is enough, forgetabout it, the lobby itself is a showcase sporting an amazing sculpture made of 500 recycled loud speakers and assorted electronic parts including amplifiers, radios, tuners and more dsigned by popular Berlin-based artist Benoît Maubrey and will allow guests to “communicate” with music.
The hotel will house 163 rooms,an outdoor pool, restaurants, and of course live entertainment. Music buffs will freak out over “The Sound Of Your Stay®,” which lets you jam out with hands-on music experiences. You can even bed down in a VIP Rock Star Suite, get pampered in the Rock Spa®, exercise in a Body Rock® workout facility, and shop in the world famous Rock Shop® featuring Hard Rock’s iconic, collectible merchandise.