The Arizona Biltmore has been a "Jewel of the Desert" in Phoenix since it opened in 1929. The Frank Lloyd Wright designed hotel has been a playground for the rich and famous since the beginning and has hosted world leaders, presidents, actors and entertainers. If you stay at the Arizona Biltmore, you can enjoy luxurious accommodations, beautiful pools and green spaces, a rich history and world-class cuisine. One of the most popular events held each year at the Arizona Biltmore is a series of Winemaker Dinners. The resort will start its 24th season of the special dinners on September 12, 2013.
The Winemaker Dinners offer an unforgettable evening of culinary delights, great wine and a chance to discuss the wines with the winemakers. The evening will include four to six courses, prepared by Executive Chef Gordon Maybury and Chef de Cuisine Bryan Gorton, and paired with wines from the featured winemaker. The winemaker will discuss each wine as it is served and answer questions you might have. There are 10 Winemaker Dinners scheduled for the 2013-14 season.
The evening begins with a reception at 7pm where guests can enjoy the first wine, passed appetizers and browse the jewelry on display for the evening from Hyde Park Jewelers. Dinner begins at 7:30pm and is followed by complimentary Port and cigars. The 2013-14 season will include the following dinners and featured winemakers:
- September 12, 2013: Grgich Hills Estates, Napa Valley, California
- October 3, 2013: Heitz Cellars, Napa Valley, California
- November 7, 2013: Ruffino, Tuscany, Italy
- December 5, 2013: Domaine Carneros Winery by Taittinger, Napa Valley, California
- January 9, 2014: Rombauer Vineyards, Napa Valley, California
- February 6, 2014: Cakebread Cellars, Napa Valley, California
- February 20, 2014: Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy, France
- March 6, 2014: ZD Winery, Napa Valley, California
- April 3, 2014: Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa Valley, California
- May 1, 2014: St. Francis Winery, Sonoma Valley, California
The dinners with wine pairings are $95 per person. Season tickets are available for all 10 dinners for $855 per person, which includes one free dinner. Tax and 18 percent gratuity will be added. Reservations are required for the dinners. You can call 602.381.7632. For more about the dinners and the Arizona Biltmore, visit http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/Dining/Wrights.aspx.You can read about my last dinner at the Arizona Biltmore here.
2400 E. Missouri
Phoenix, AZ 85016
800.950.0086 for hotel reservations
602.381.7632 for Winemaker Dinner reservations