The Atlantic City Office of Emergency Preparedness is offer free transportation to individuals who need to shelter safely from Hurricane Irene. Evacuations will be begin at 6 a.m., according to Director Thomas Foley.
Please look at discussions of forecasters as the mandatory evacuations will begin at 6:00 a.m. on August 26, 2011 at Elementary School locations below
The following Schools are designated transfer sites for evacuations of residents of Atlantic City:
- Uptown Complex (323 Madison Ave)
- New Jersey Ave (35 N. New Jersey Ave.)
- Dr MLK Jr. (1700 Marmora Ave)
- Venice Park School (1601 N. Penrose Ave)
- Texas Avenue (2523 Arctic Ave)
- New York Avenue (411 N. New York Ave)
- Sovereign Avenue (3223 Arctic Ave)
- Brighton Avenue (30 N. Brighton Ave)
- Chelsea Heights (4101 Filbert Ave)
"Buses from Safety Bus Line and Integrity Bus Lines will be on the scene at 0800 August 26, 2001 to transfer residents that need Sheltering to designated Shelters by the Atlantic County Office of Emergency Management," stated Foley in a press release.
Do not wait to evacuation. Check on your neighbors and spread the information. Check on the elderly. Contact Atlantic County Government for Pet Friendly centers at (609) 645-7000.