If you’re looking for a way to support Atlanta youth tennis and you want a good time while doing it, why not consider attending the 2013 Serving Winners Gala and Pro-Am Event, a benefit for Atlanta Youth and Tennis Education Foundation (AYTEF) to be held Friday, November 8th and 9th at the recently refurbished, Life Time Athletic Peachtree Corners.
The AYTEF is an organization which offers more than just tennis instruction. Participants also receive education and life skills curriculum at Atlanta area Boys & Girls Clubs, Parks and Rec facilities and public schools.
The Gala, beginning at 7:00 p.m. on November 8, includes a live and silent auction, entertainment, dinner, beer and wine and an awards ceremony.
This year, Serving Winners plans to honor The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta and Paula Sumple of Special Pops Tennis and a special award in remembrance of Ruth Lay, a lifetime tennis advocate, will be presented.
Returning by popular demand is the People's Choice Award component of the ceremony. Even if you are unable to attend, you can vote online for your favorite candidate. A list of nominees, along with a ballot, can be found here. The People's Choice Award winner will be announced live during Friday evening's festivities.
Event organizers enlisted the help of local celebrities to help host and present awards, like WSB-TV’s John Bachman, Brian Jordan of the Atlanta Braves, Paul Goodloe of The Weather Channel, Bobby Reynolds on the ATP tour and Jamie Hampton on the WTA tour.
If you want to bid on silent auction items, you can do so between 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Some of the featured items up for auction include:
- "A Night Out In Atlanta", including tickets to see Elton John at Philips Arena, accommodations at Stonehurst Bed & Breakfast, gift card for Cucina Asellina and transportation to the Arena
- Hitting Lesson with ATP player Bobby Reynolds
- Serving Lesson with WTA player Jamie Hampton
- VIP NASCAR Experience at GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway
- Atlanta Movie Tours
- Autographed Atlanta Falcons & Atlanta Braves Memorabilia
- Autographed Tennis Memorabilia
In addition to the silent auction items, you can bid on live auction items such as:
- Cottage Rental in Seaside, Florida
- Hammock Beach Resort Getaway with Tennis
- Golf for 4 at The Legends at Chateau Elan
- Georgia versus Georgia Tech 2013 Football Tickets
- Elton John at Phillips Arena
- Wine Tasting Party for 10
- WSB-TV Behind the Scenes Tour with John Bachman
- Dinner for 6 at Pricci
Matt Olson, executive director of USTA Atlanta and Serving Winners event committee member said, “It’s a night of celebration where we are coming together to support a great cause and honor those who have similar values as AYTEF. There will be food and music and we’ll get to see the beautifully renovated Life Time Athletic (venue). Without their support our event wouldn't be what it is.”
The Pro-Am portion of the event begins Saturday, November 9 at 9:00 a.m. The Kid's Clinic, immediately following the Pro-Am, is reserved for the youth of the AYTEF and sponsors.
Already have plans this weekend? Lacy Barnes, event committee chair, says not worry if you can’t attend, “You can still get involved by donating here at AYTEF."
Tickets are $60 and can be purchased online at Serving Winners, or can be purchased at the door of Life Time Athletics.