Atheists on Twitter went on a rampage, issuing hate-filled misogynistic tweets against former Bush administration official Dana Perino after she defended the Pledge of Allegiance, Robert Stacy McCain reported at the Gateway Pundit Saturday. At least one tweet included a death wish, calling Perino a "war criminal" who deserves the death penalty.
The hate-filled, sexist tweets were issued after Perino said atheists “don’t have to live here” if they don't like the reference to God in the Pledge.
“I’m tired of them," she said of atheists suing to remove the reference to God in the Pledge. "I remember working at the Justice Department years ago when I first started right after 9/11 and a lawsuit like this came through, and before the day had finished, the United States Senate and the House of Representatives had both passed resolutions saying that they were for keeping ‘under God’ in the pledge."
"If these people really don’t like it, they don’t have to live here,” she added.
The comments were made during a discussion of the lawsuit on Fox News' "The Five."
Justices in Massachusetts' highest court are hearing a case brought by atheists who say the phrase "under God" means their children "are denied meaningful participation in this patriotic exercise."
Atheists responded after Perino made her comments.
"F**k Dana Perino -that christian bigot c**t- and f**k Fox News," tweeted "ProphetAtheist."
That message was fairly representative of the messages posted by others.
McCain said the messages are "a recurrent theme with God-haters," referencing our report of liberals who expressed a desire to rape Paul Ryan and his wife during the 2012 election.
"You can ask Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin, Dana Loesch, Ann Coulter — any conservative woman who speaks on behalf of that which is good, true and decent will be bombarded with ugly filth from advocates of that which is evil, false and indecent, i.e., Democrats," he added.
One message expressed a desire to see Perino raped to death as a war criminal.
"You're a war criminal and deserve the death penalty, c**t! I hope you get throatf****d to death. F**k off and die," tweeted "Hate Rick Scott."
Liberals expressing a desire to see conservatives murdered is nothing new.
In July 2011, for example, gay sex columnist Dan Savage told Bill Maher he wished all Republicans were "f*****g dead."
Liberal talk show host Mike Malloy said he wished the entire Republican Party dead in February 2013.
"But I have an interest in seeing the entire Republican Party die. I mean, on their backs, their little squiggly legs up in their air. I want to see the Republican Party dead," he said.
Malloy also suggested Navy SEALs assassinate George W. Bush.
Throughout the 2012 campaign, liberals on Twitter repeatedly called for Republicans to be murdered, and Facebook allowed a page called "Kill Mitt Romney" to remain live for at two weeks last August. The page openly called for Romney to be murdered, violating Facebook's terms of service and federal law. The social media site, however, defended the page until it was eventually torn down.
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- American Atheist leader says fundamentalist Christians 'must be eradicated'
- Liberal hate talkers Malloy, Rhodes attack Dick Cheney for getting new heart
- Liberal hate talker Mike Malloy mocks tornado victims on radio program
- Liberal talker Mike Malloy suggests SEAL team assassinate Pres. Bush
- Mike Malloy accuses Glenn Beck of conspiracy to assassinate President Obama
- Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
- Liberal talk show hosts display hatred on radio and television
- Hollywood kills Tea Partiers, Christians in movie 'God Bless America'
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is liberal rhetoric responsible for Family Research Council shooting?
- Liberal hate talker Randi Rhodes: 'Cut off' conservative women's ovaries
- Liberals express hate as Dick Cheney recovers from heart transplant surgery
- Paging Al Sharpton: DHS employee Ayo Kimathi advocates mass murder of whites
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- Liberal graffiti states desire of leftists: ‘Kill all Republicans’
- Liberals on Twitter wish death on Republicans, GOP voters and the Tea Party
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, PolitiCollision, Liberty Unyielding and Spokane FAVS.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.