I've done it, I know you've done it.
That would be sneaking a peek at your smartphone while driving.
It's true, when we are driving, the road should be our main focus, be we are human and sometimes screw up.
Over the years, AT&T has taken the lead and has been a long-time supporter of the safe and responsible use of mobile devices. That includes while driving your vehicle.
This is an important statistic. There are 100,000+ crashes a year involving drivers who are texting or being distracted by their mobile devices. AT&T's "It Can Wait" campaign, is has been focused on getting drivers to stop texting while driving.
AT&T is recognizing National Distracted Driving Awareness Month and giving drivers and mobile device users some tips on how not be distracted while driving.
- Take the pledge at www.ItCanWait.com to never text while driving and encourage your family, friends and neighbors to do the same.
- Use a mobile app, like DriveMode, to curb your temptation to text behind the wheel.
- If you have a teen driver, take advantage of parental controls, such as Smart Limits for Wireless, which allow you to determine when and how your teen will use their device.
- Consider a device like Car Connection, which in addition to letting you know where your vehicle is and how it’s being driven, allows you to limit the use of a mobile device while the vehicle is being driven.
- Watch the thought-provoking documentary “From One Second to the Next,” which tells the stories of people who know the horrors of texting while driving first-hand.
- Get involved with the It Can Wait movement and educate others in your community and workplace about the dangers of texting while driving. You could just save a life.
Or if you can please just remember to put down your mobile device while driving. It will keep you, your family and friends, and others safe while on the road.
Visit www.itcanwait.com and take the pledge.