Part three, here we are! Below is the step-by-step portion of your at-home spa day for after your shower. You can find a lot of home spa suggestions online, however, this one outlined below is one that I have carefully put this one together myself to combine all the steps into one routine.
- After you finished your shower and patted your skin dry, it is time to moisturize!
- I have a hair towel that I leave my hair wrapped in while I complete my other steps.
- In my own facial routine, I apply eye products before facial products. Since the immediate eye area has no sebaceous glands, it more readily absorbs anything you apply in the area, and some of your facial treatments or moisturizers may not be designed for the eye area. Gently pat your selected eye cream or gel around the area, using your ring finger. This is your weakest finger and won’t tug or exert too much pressure on this delicate skin.
- Next, warm a small amount of your face cream or oil on your fingertips, and gently pat it onto your skin. As I’ve stated before, I won’t go anywhere without lipbalm. Definitely slather this on, especially if you exfoliated your lips before your shower.
- Body lotion. Body lotion. Body lotion. Depending on your personal preference as well as the season, you can select either a milk, a lotion, or a cream. Hopefully your skin is still slightly damp from your shower, so that you can trap that extra moisture in when you massage on your body moisturizer.
- After all of these, I usually take my hair down and comb it out with a wide tooth comb. You can apply any styling products you’d like at this point.
- Ah, the pedicure… When I’m planning on working on both my hands and my feet, I start with my feet so that I won’t mess up my manicure when doing my pedicure. Massage in a thick balm or cuticle cream to your toenails. Gently push back the cuticles and trim any loose hangnails. There are two options for your feet at this point:
- You can massage a nice thick butter, and slip on fuzzy socks to maximize the treatment.
- You can also clean your nails with nail polish remover, and apply your favorite nail polish.
- And the manicure… Thoroughly massage in a thick balm or cuticle cream to your fingernails and gently push back the cuticles. You can also trim any loose hangnails. There are two options for your hands now:
- You can massage in a lovely hand cream and admire your smooth buffed nails.
- You can also clean your nails with polish remover, and apply your selected strengthener treatment or polish color.
And your spa day is complete! Make sure to relax and let the YOU day soak in.
A few gentle reminders…
• With all your skincare, don’t forget your neck! It likes the same TLC as your face.
• Please make sure to follow the instructions for your particular products. The above guidelines are simply a starting place for your at-home spa luxury.
Make sure to check out the other two posts regarding your at-home spa, Before and During.
I look forward to any additions or suggestions you might have!