Asus re-announced the 2013 Transformer Pad Infinity on Wednesday at IFA (via Android Police). While the company has dropped the "Infinity" term from the device, little else has changed since the device's June unveiling, meaning that consumers were left wanting more: Asus did not announce pricing or availability.
All that being said, the specs are now locked down, and are listed below. The device ID will be the TF701T. The original Transformer Pad Infinity was the TF700.
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quad-core
- GPU: 72-core NVIDIA GeForce
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (we assume it will be 4.2.2)
- Display: 10.1-inch 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA, 300ppi)
- LED-backlit with IPS with 10-point capacitive multi-touch
- Memory: 2GB DDR3L RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB onboard storage with microSDXC (tablet) & SDXC (dock) slots
- Cameras: 5MP F/2.4 rear camera, 1.2MP front camera with 720p HD video recording
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n (dual-band) with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR
- Connectivity: Micro-HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack – Dock: USB 3.0 port, microSDXC card slot
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light, e-compass, gyroscope
- Audio Tablet: Speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology, microphone
- Battery Tablet: 31Wh lithium polymer with up to 13 hours battery life – Dock: 16Wh lithium polymer with up to 4 hours battery life
- Color: Dark gray
- Size & weight – Tablet: 263 x 180.8 x 8.9mm, 585g – Dock: 263 x 180.8 x 7mm, 570g
Nicely, combining the tablet with the dock results in 17 hours of battery life, according to Asus. However, there are still no details on pricing or release date. It is likely that the device will hit retail later this year, but come on, Asus. The TF701T was first introduced in early June.
Isn't it fully baked yet?