The seventh annual Dayton (OH) Concours d’Elegance at Carillon Park was blessed with perfect weather and an outstanding field of 200 vintage, antique, classic, sports and performance vehicles. An enthusiastic crowd enjoyed the cars, pickups, motorcycles, scooters, model cars and a fly-over by the Wright “B” Flyer while listening to the smooth sounds of Khalid Moss and savoring an assortment of food and beverages.
Teams of judges descended on the show vehicles and submitted their findings to the chief judge for tabulation. The top award winners were:
• Taj Ma Garaj Award – Pat Jackson – 1954 Chevrolet Pickup
• Hagerty Insurance Youth Judges Award – Andy Wolf – 1939 Packard Woodie
• Col. Edward Deeds Judges Choice – Jim Jager - 1962 Ferrari 330 LM
• Charles F. Kettering Peoples Choice – Rick Grant – 1965 Aston Martin DB-5
• R. H. Grant Best-of-Show Award – David Hale – 1966 Corvette Stingray
Other vehicles of note include:
• 1916 Marmon Speedster
• 1953 Porsche 356 Limousine
• 1932 Helicron
• 1932 Packard Twin Six Model 906
• 1947 Studebaker Vince Gardner Prototype
Go to www.daytonconcours.com in early October for photos of the 2013 major award recipients, class winners and a list of all award winners.
The Concours committee announced that the 2014 event will be held on September 14 and will feature the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang and "Woodies."