The ASTD International Conference and Exposition (ICE) will take place from May 19-22, 2013 in Dallas, TX. This conference, with its four day program, is the biggest, and most expensive, of the training conferences.
Registration costs for members on site will be $1,650. The advance registration rate is $12,00. Non-members will pay $1950 at the door and $1500 during the early bird special.
The ASTD ICE is full of learning opportunities. Keynote speakers this year include Sir Ken Robinson, John Seely Browm and Liz Wiseman.
Concurrent sessions will be divided into eight separate tracks. Those eight as follows:
- Career Development includes both organizational and individual career planning.
- Designing & Facilitating Learning covers both core and new, innovative approaches to design and facilitation.
- Global Human Resource Development focuses on cultural diversity, globalization, localization, and best practices by region.
- Human Capital encompasses coaching, mentoring, performance improvement, change management, managing the learning function, and talent management.
- Leadership Development covers both individual and organizational development approaches.
- Learning Technologies includes a range of core and new approaches to using technology tools for learning.
- Measurement, Evaluation, ROI focuses on measuring the effectiveness of all types of programs (e.g. social learning, leadership development, etc.) as well evaluation strategies and ROI.
- Workforce Development for Non-Training Professionals provides tools, strategies and best practices for managers to develop their workforce.
FULL DISCLOSURE – This Examiner has presented at the conference since 1999 but will not be presenting this year.
ASTD is also offering government, higher education and sales practitioners sessions focused on specific industry needs.
As an added bonus, the annual evening gala will be held this year at the famous country bar, Gilley’s.
The ICE Expo is one of the largest in the world. Every major training and development vendor will be in attendance. Currently, over 300 are scheduled to showcase their wares.
With it’s high price, the early bird discount is a good value, but you have to act before March 31st.
Visit this link for more information on the ASTD ICE and to register.