What is a Powder 8 contest? Teams of two, one person in front and one following, try to make rounded, figure eights in the snow, ideally in powder snow. The teams are then scored on synchronicity, dynamics, roundness, symmetry, and line.
Two Aspen/Snowmass teams brought home the trophy for the Open and Women's Divisions. The results were:
- Kevin Jordan and Josh Fogg (Aspen/Snowmass)
- Willi Glanzig and Stephen Cieciuch (Telluride)
- Jim Schanzenbaker and Thomas Ronnau (Aspen/Snowmass)
- Maddie Voshell and Jenny Williams (Aspen/Snowmass)
- Linda Guerrette and Chloe Merry (Beaver Creek & Aspen/Snowmass)
- Heidi Kanayan and Annabel Ottawa (Aspen/Snowmass)
Congratulations to all the competitors and a special thank you to everyone who made this event possible: Jim Schanzenbaker (event organizer), Aspen/Snowmass, Aspen Powder Tours, the Limelight Hotel, the judges, and other sponsors.
For more information, check out the USA Powder 8 Championship Facebook page.