A youthful complexion is an investment, and Aspen Medical Aesthetics aims to help young people aged 27 to 35 to stop aging in its tracks with comprehensive skin care programs.
“It’s important to start looking into skincare now to avoid corrective procedures down the road,” explains AMA’s Dr. Jill Pechachek. “It really is an investment to start paying attention to a skincare line early. Skin in Colorado can be easily damaged because we are outside so much in the sun.”
Many parts of Colorado stand at a high elevation, which means residents are closer to the sun and more susceptible to damage. You’re not safe in the winter either – snow reflects 80% of the sun’s rays, magnifying its effects.
But the sun isn’t the only thing placing extra demands on the skin on the people of Colorado. The dry air can take skin from soft to alligator-esque without the right preventative steps. AMA’s experts stress that prevention is the most important step toward gorgeous, youthful skin for longer. You can’t always erase signs of aging and damage after the fact, but you can prevent them now.
AMA offers a free consultation that will help patients get to the root of skin problems, whether they may be caused by sun exposure, nutrition, hormones, genetics or a vitamin deficiency. “We want to know what you are feeding your cells,” said Dr. Pechachek. “So much of what you eat is reflected at a cellular level and shows up in your skin.”
AMA’s doctors are double board certified in family care and aesthetic medicine, offering comprehensive care encompassing everything from blood tests that will help patients figure out what is wrong and why, along with procedures like micro-needling to reduce wrinkles, microdermabrasion to fade sunspots, pain-free collagen induction therapy, and IPL Photofacial treatments.
“For 27- to 35-year-olds it doesn’t take much to get skin in shape,” says AMA paramedical aesthetician Chris Arnold. “At that age, skin is turning over cells every 30-40 days. It’s really about maintenance. People sometimes think they can come in here and it’s a one-time fix. You may see instant results, but you need to stay on top of treatments.”
AMA recommends and provides medical-grade skincare products that patients can use at home to accelerate the benefits of their anti-aging treatments. One of the product lines they offer is Lira, a skin care system designed as part of a unique collaboration between medical professionals, chemists and aestheticians. Lira utilizes the healing power of natural ingredients to unveil healthy, beautiful skin.
AMA recommends several treatments to be used in conjunction with products like Lira that can help prevent corrective procedures down the road:
- Micro-needling treats mild to moderate acne scars and sun spots, fades fine lines and wrinkles, firms up loose skin, and improves skin’s texture while minimizing pore size.
- Using a medical electric skin-needling device, the treatment breaks down old scar tissue and stimulates skin cells to multiply and form new layers of elastin and collagen, as well as new capillaries for improved blood supply.
- Recovery time is minimal, and most people will only experience mild redness and swelling (similar to a mild sunburn) for 24-48 hours.
- Micro-needling is suitable for all skin types and ethnicities, and on all areas of the scalp, face and body (including fragile skin around the eyes).
- The treatment is relatively pain-free, and a numbing cream to minimize pain can be applied prior to the procedure.
- Cost: $250 per treatment, recommended 3-6 per year (buy 3 for 10% off, or 6 for 20% off)
- IPL Photofacial treatments help even out skin tone and correct redness, light acne scars, broken capillaries and hyper pigmentation.
- Convenient and quick, IPL Photofacial treatments only take about 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish. Patients are free to resume their daily routine immediately following the procedure, as slight redness should only last an hour or two.
- The actual procedure utilizes a laser to penetrate the skin’s surface and treat issues at the source. It feels like the mild snapping of rubber bands against the skin’s surface.
- Cost: $350 for one treatment, recommend 2-4 treatments for optimum results (buy 3 for $250 each)
A full list of services and treatments offered by AMA is available at www.aspenmedicalaesthetics.com.
Aspen Medical Aesthetics
9331 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 200
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
Tel: (303) 471-4711