Intro: This asparagus quiche recipes with cheese makes for a yummy breakfast recipe as the spring birds start to chirping. It takes advantage of the flavors of one of the most popular spring vegetables -- asparagus and flavors it with some cheddar and Parmesan cheese (and if you're me, a little pepper Jack for some spice). So if you've ever wondered, "How do you make quiche?" this recipe is for you. I predict that this will be one of the best recipes for quiche you'll encounter.
If you're viewing this on your SmartPhone, you may find it easier to watch the tutorial than to read the recipe.
Yummy Breakfast Recipes: Recipe for Asparagus Recipe with Cheese
- Pizza dough (click the link for some recipes for pizza dough)
- 1 Asparagus bunch
- 1 1/2 c. of Greek yogurt
- 4 Thyme leaves sprigs
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 of a red onion
- 1 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 c. of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. of Jack cheese (optional, but if you do go with Jack, cut the cheddar down by half)
- 4 eggs
- Grated black pepper
- Grated sea salt
- White pepper
Instructions for the Asparagus Quiche Recipe With Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. It'll be enough to heat and bake this egg quiche recipe.
- Cut the ends off the asparagus. You need to get rid of about an inch or so on the the ends of this spring vegetable.
- Cut the asparagus up into 2- to 3-inch spears.
- Put the asparagus into a deep skillet along with some olive oil. Cook until it becomes almost tender. Take it out of the pan.
- Slice the red onion and break the sections apart.
- Drop the onion slices into the pan along with the brown sugar.
- Add the yogurt to a bowl.
- Drop the minced garlic into the yogurt. Add in the thyme leaves. Stir the mixture up.
- Add in the cheeses
- Spray the ceramic pie pan. You want to have a fairly deep pan for this asparagus quiche recipe with cheese. It'll need to accommodate the pizza dough.
- Dust the bottom of the dish with some flour.
- Press the pizza dough into pie pan. Dust it with some flour.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add in the yogurt mixture and the caramelized onions.
- Stir/ whisk together.
- Pour into the pizza dough pie crust. Add your seasonings at this stage. Note that the original recipe for the asparagus quiche recipe with cheese doesn't call for white pepper. It's optional, but delish.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and add in the asparagus spears.
- Bake the recipe for asparagus quiche with cheese for at least a half an hour.
Sources: Reel Flavor
Ever wonder why the asparagus plant is so pretty? It might be due to the fact that it's part of the lily family, according to About.com.
That explains its almost flower-like appearance. People have been eating asparagus for thousands of years, and mention of wild asparagus stretches back to the 16th century. By the 17th century, it was an ingredient mentioned in French cookbooks.
And according to Eating Well, you may just look younger longer when you eat asparagus. It has plenty of antioxidants that keep your skin looking lovely.