The heart of those who impart knowledge while children are at school and/or child development centers are the teachers and staff members who want the best for them becoming productive citizens of society. Start the week of May 4 has been set aside to celebrate “Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week” to tell everyone know the roles played to enhance and expose children to lifelong experiences.
Here are some ideas to show teachers/staff members how important they are to you and your child.
- Donate to a charity in Honor of your Teacher/Staff member,
- Give a gift certificate to their favorite store or mall,
- Obtain wish list and give classroom supplies,
- Plant a tree in Honor of your Teacher/Staff member,
- Bake homemade treats and put in decorative container with personal card made by child,
- Visit local Farmer’s Market and create a food bouquet,
- Cook a cultural dish,
- Use social media to send “Thank You” card/message, and
- Volunteer in classroom.
Remember, teachers and staff members spend a large amount of time educating and interacting with children in classroom lessons to extracurricular activities. Whatever type of appreciation gifts opted to go is a small token to let teachers/staff members that they truly have a passion being in the profession of education. Two words “thank you” will mean so much to teachers/staff members during this week along with at least one of the above listed items. These acts of kindness remind teachers/staff members why they enter the doors each day and spend countless hours and personal income for children to have what is needed in knowing “I care about YOU!” Thanks for all YOU have done and continue to do for the children.