Take a spiritual & mystic pilgrimage to Asia and the East like a celebrity. Kick back and relax via Cruise Ship with 11 top cruise itineraries to ethereal locations where legends that transcend time were born. Celebrities like Celebrity Hugh Jackman have enjoyed taking the spiritual plunge in such places as Japan.
In a four part series, CruiseCompete is providing information on worldwide pilgrimage locations that consistently draw travelers in with their history and mystique- all accessible via cruise ship. This third segment touches on locations in Asia, the Far East and the Middle East. To read more about worldwide locations, please visit http://www.cruisecompete.com/sacred_places/.
Asia/Far East Cruises Visit:
1. A gravity-defying monastery built into the side of a sheer cliff… Beijing, China: Hanging Monastery
2. Geothermal region with reputed medicinal powers… Beppu, Japan: Beppu Onsen
3. World peace monument, dedicated to a young girl who died of radiation poisoning from the bombing of Hiroshima… Hiroshima, Japan: Peace Memorial Park
4. Three oceans unite here, and the Ghandi Memorial was constructed where his ashes were on display before being cast out to sea… (Kochi) Kanyakumari, India: Ghandi Memorial
5. Ornate temples cut from hillside rock by followers of three faiths?Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism… Mumbai, India: Ajanta and Ellora caves
6. Follow in Confucius' footsteps by climbing 6,000+ stone steps to the mountain home of Yu Ti, Taoist king of heaven… Qingdao, Tai Shan, China: Tai Shan Dai Mai Complex
7. A three-day festival where South Korea capital Seoul hosts a birthday party for Buddha every year… Shanghai, South Korea: Lotus Lantern Festival
9. This temple is sacred to Taoists and Confucianists and sits over the waters of Sun Moon Lake… Taipei, China/Taiwan: Wenwu Temple
10. In the midst of the jungle, 2,000 temples and pagodas from the Burmese empire, built over 1,000 years ago… Yangon, Myanman: Bagan
Middle East Cruises Visit:
11. A 2000-year-old city carved out of sandstone… Aqaba, Jordan: Petra
These sites are but a sampling of cruise-accessible locations. To read more information on worldwide locations, please visit http://www.cruisecompete.com/sacred_places/, and watch for part four of CruiseCompete’s sacred locations: North America, South America and the Caribbean.
CruiseCompete has been the premier online cruise marketplace since 2003 (see media praises). This complimentary service allows consumers to request quotes from trusted travel agents, compare offers, see other consumer reviews of agents and agencies responding, and then contact preferred travel agents directly for more information and to book a cruise.
CruiseCompete publishes CruiseTrends™, monthly stats based on actual consumer quote requests and transactions that give an inside look at consumer trends and what consumers want in cruise vacations.
CruiseCompete takes top honors in Travel + Leisure Magazine's “Top 60 Best Apps and Websites for Travelers” (September 2012) with an honorable mention. The Wall Street Journal praised CruiseCompete as “Best Cruise Travel Site,” The New York Times says, “… independent travel agents compete to offer you the best deal," and follows similar praise from Kiplinger’s, The Washington Post, while The Street says, “Score luxury cruises at bargain prices.” See us in Gayot’s Guide to the Good Life and Zagat says, “This free clearing house lets you choose your cruise and get competing bids from agents. Hundreds of agents have access to your request and respond with their best offers via the site.”
CruiseCompete is an Iowa limited liability company and is not a travel agency or owned by a travel agency.