1. Life
  2. Relationships
  3. Friendship

Asheville Facebook page opens opportunities for city

Asheville is known for its eclectic culture.  There is a good variety of unique restaurants and a broad selection of bands, movies and activities to do when here.  While tourists flock to the Biltmore Estate or the Grove Park Inn (two places that define Asheville nationwide), for those who live in the Asheville area, it is hard to find unique and fun things to do that are outside of the "touristy" attractions.

Facebook has expanded to allow business and cities to create pages that people can become fans of, and post links and videos to promote events or draw attention to a place.  Asheville has its own page, titled Asheville, NC, and it has become a great resource to find things to do when you want to find something unique.

If you are new to the Asheville area, the page is also a great place to find good places to shop for things, find apartments and homes, and even find a job.  People also write comments about how wonderful a place Asheville is to live, which could draw potential residents here when they see how much current residents love living in Asheville.

If you live in the Asheville area and are not a fan of Asheville, NC yet, please visit the Asheville Facebook page and join.  It can quickly become one of the first places you go to when you want to find something fun to do.

Comments

• Anon 4 years ago

"Asheville has it's own page,"

Proofread much?

Wow. Let's try some vocabulary expansion. That third paragraph? ... Stunning. I've packed a little more of my suitcase with each word. Now, let's hope she at least understands the essence of sarcasm, since she has completely dropped the ball on linguistics.

• Cedar Cliff Notes 4 years ago

Yay Logan! So glad to see you are getting back in the saddle of writing again! I know you are a little rusty and Missa Coopa's critiques are buried in the back of your mind, but I know the more you write the better you will get. I can't wait to see what else you will be writing!

• 4 4 years ago

I'm not sure "a little rusty" justifies this as showing off a communications degree. Good luck though!

• Cedar Cliff Notes 4 years ago

Ah, forget these people Logan. Remember, you won awards due to your newspaper writing. There are people here that just like to criticize instead of offering constructive criticism or talk about the topic of the article. Human nature I suppose. Besides journalism is a thankless job, and all you get in return for your time and effort is a bunch of people attacking you.

Just work on your next article, if i know you there's already a few pages in a notebook full of ideas. Can't wait to read the next one!

Examiner.com is to real journalism as Glenn Beck is to, well, real journalism.

• AVL Anon 4 years ago

I feel I'm talking to my 17 year old daughter here, let's see some more sohpisticated dialouge. I reap anything from this information that wasn't readily available on the aforementioned subject's website.

• AVL Anon 4 years ago

P.S. - I shouldn't have to proof read mine, because I'm an old guy who's had a beer or two. You on the other hand, are supposed to be a writer so I agree with Anon as well, sorry about the typos in my previous comment...

Life

• Tom Petty
    Seven overlooked videos that prove the genius of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Today's Buzz
  • Gaylord Pickens
    Discover Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum dollar days
    Camera
    6 Photos
  • Yoga poses
    Learn how to strengthen your core muscles with these yoga poses
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Baby boomer STD rates
    Sexually transmitted diseases: Baby boomers booming STD rates
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Open relationships
    Are you thinking about exercising your option to be in an open relationship?
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Medical symptoms
    See which symptoms should cause you to seek a doctor’s attention right away
    Camera