Today’s recipe feature is Arugula Salad with Prosciutto and Oyster Mushrooms. This is a delicious and elegant starter that is sure to wow your family and friends and tantalize their taste buds. Arugula and celery ribs are the base of the salad. The salad dressing is a zip to prepare and after everything is tossed together, it’s topped with the Prosciutto and Pecorino Toscano. Healthy and joyous eating!
Arugula Salad with Prosciutto and Oyster Mushrooms (Recipe courtesy Fabio Trabocchi)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 inner celery ribs, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks, plus ¼ cup celery leaves, for garnish
- 10 cups baby arugula (10 ounces)
- 6 ounces Pecorino Toscano, shaved with a vegetable peeler (1 ½ cups)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the lemon zest and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the celery matchsticks, arugula and mushrooms and gently toss. Transfer the salad to a large platter or bowl, top with the Pecorino Toscano, prosciutto and celery leaves and serve right away. Serving yield = 10 servings.