Arts in Christian Theatre (ACT) is a faith based theatrical company founded by Executive Director Rev. Beverly Morrison Caesar, Playwright and Associate Pastor at Bethel Gospel Tabernacle. Located at 182-40 Hillside Avenue in Jamaica, NY, ACT includes members of the communities in all facets of their productions.
“Through the development of artistic presentations, ACT strives to spread a message of hope, success, and restoration, by presenting real-life situations through drama, music, dancing, singing, poetry and other various expressions of the arts.” ACT has produced the following plays that can be brought to your church or venue:
- Homecoming – a contemporary musical adaptation of the Prodigal Son, who wanted to see the world through his eyes and at his pace, experiencing a journey of loss, restoration, redemption and hope.
- The Hedge – a contemporary adaptation of the tumultuous life of Job, a man whose devastating experiences shook the very foundations of his spiritual, emotional, and physical existence.
- The Airport – a dramatic comedy of characters who will keep you entertained with knee-slapping laughter.
- The Wedding – a unique and comedic pantomime about a girl from the “wrong side of the tracks” falling in love with a socialite billionaire, and the drama that unfolds at the wedding.
- Looking for Love – the narrative of the woman at the well.
- The King’s Gate – a contemporary ballet drama featuring Quiet Moves Dance Studio and their interpretation of the traditional story of Esther.
- Love, Lies & Mercy – the compelling dramatization of David and Bathsheba.
ACT Studios, another component of the Arts in Christian Theatre Company, is a program which provides training and exposure to the dramatic arts to inner city communities. Courses include: Theatre-Dance, One on One Drama Training and Scriptwriting.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-291-5147; and also stay connected for updates via the following social networks: