ArtPalmBeach celebrates its 16th Anniversary at the Palm Beach County Convention Center from January 25-28, 2013 with a Preview evening January 24. One of the highlights of the fair is its outstanding lecture and panel series.
This year, the lecture and panel discussion series will include a full program of daily presentations:
- “Fifty Years in Photojournalism,” Bill Eppridge, Photo Journalist Life Magazine, Sports Illustrated;
- “Rough Glass: My Adventures in the Sand,” Marlene Rose, a nationally known glass artist;
- “The Life and Work of Lino Tagliapietra – Interview/Lecture,” Lino Tagliapietra, Italian master from Murano, Italy, Interview by Scott Indrisek, Senior Executive Editor of Modern Painters;
- “Shadow of the Turning: The Art of Collaboration,” Panelists Binh Pho, Kevin Wallace and Joey Richardson, Moderator Tom Riley;
- “The Next 50 Years: The Future of Studio Glass,” Ferdinand Hampson, Habatat Gallery, Michigan;
- “Studio Furniture in Contemporary Art and Design,” Rosanne Somerson, the Provost of Rhode Island School of Design;
- “The Times They Are A-Changing,” Bonnie Clearwater, the Executive Director and Chief Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami;
- “The Collage Aesthetic,” Pavel Zoubok, one of the leading authorities on collage in contemporary art;
- “Ephemera Forever,” Anthony Haden-Guest, British-American writer, reporter, cartoonist and art critic based in New York and London and Edwina Sandys is an artist and author;
- “Aperture & the Changing World of Photography,” Chris Boot, Director of Aperture Foundation;
- “The Madness of Art,” Jim Kempner; and
- “IMPACT: 50 Years of the CFDA—the Artistry of American Fashion Design,” Steven Maklansky/Director, Boca Raton Museum of Art.
In 2012, ArtPalmBeach was marked with outstanding attendance and strong sales. The fair welcomed a record attendance during the five-day run. Dealers reported positive sales and strong interest from known collectors within the industry, reconfirming ArtPalmBeach’s establishment as a fixture of South Florida’s contemporary art scene.
For more information on ArtPalmBeach 2013 hours, exhibitors and programming, please visit the website at www.artpalmbeach.com.