Since mid-May, 2013 Phil Hansen has been crowdsourcing his current Life's Big Questions art project entitled philinthecircle. This artist put out a cyberspace call to those willing to submit answers to the artist's posed question, "What's your limitation?" From the crowdsourced replies Hansen is creating art in real time viewable via livestream.
Phil Hansen's favorite way to express art used to be creating pieces with the creative placement of dots describing himself as a pointillist. It was during this time that he developed an unruly tremor in his hand.
Phil speaks about this in his Feb. 2013 TED talk he gave in Long Beach, Calif., Phil Hansen: Embrace the Shake. His points soon became tadpole looking marks. The more he tried to control it, the worse it became. He was devastated, no longer creating, until a neurologist suggested that Hansen embrace the limitation. The suggestion had him asking questions about what else may be possible.
At the time this article is being published there is still about another 24 hours if you would like to become involved with this crowdsourced project.
- To submit a story: click here.
- To read more about the project or back the project on Kickstarter, click here.
- To like Phil Hansen's Facebook page (there are some nice posts of the progress of this project on this page), click here.
- To view the livestream of this project, click here.
- To view the TED Talk, Phil Hansen: Embrace the Shake, click here.