The weather no matter what season we pass through has affects on our skin. Having smooth and silky skin is enjoyable on many levels. It is nice to touch and to be touched and you never have to worry about dry spots snagging any delicate clothing. One of the worst things is noticing dry flecks of dead skin on your clothing or hands when you rub an area that is extremely dry. Some of those areas can be painful due to the excessive dry skin.
Now you can reverse that dryness at home without having to spend a lot of money on various products or try more than one to actually find one that truly works on your skin condition. What is even nicer is that while you are exfoliating your skin making it smooth once again you will also get a little aromatherapy while working in the sugar scrub. Vanilla tantalizes the senses and is relaxing. The best of both worlds mixed into one little jar.
Now is the time to fix what the elements have done to your skin and set yourself up for some relaxation and pampering. You deserve it after working hard all day.
Homemade sugar scrub with vanilla and brown sugar:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Mix the sugars well together in a clean glass lidded jar.
- Slowly add the oil until the sugars are mixed well without making the scrub too wet.
- Once you achieve the right consistency mix in the vanilla and ready to apply.
- Gently rub some of the scrub over the dry areas, rinse with warm water and pat dry with a soft clean towel.
- Do this once a week until your skin is smooth as silk once more. Then stretch out the days since your skin won’t dry out as quickly now. Eventually you may only have to do this twice a month.
- Keep glass jar sealed when not in use.
Soft and supple skin and all you had to do is look in the pantry cabinet for the answer!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: