As a child I remember trying to knit or crochet using my fingers and a ball of old yarn. This technique has been brought to life again with the popular trend of arm knitting.
Arm knitting has been all over the Pinterest boards and several knitters are creating cowls, scarves and even afghans using this method. With arm knitting you get the look of knitting without using knitting needles.
Teenagers and kids will enjoy learning how to arm knit and will have fun creating their own blankets and scarves with these techniques.
Most arm knitting projects are made fairly quickly since you cast on the stitches using your arms. A bulky or chunky yarn is an easy way to make a quick scarf or infinity scarf or cowl. There are lots of patterns available including ones that can have you knitting a scarf in 5 to 30 minutes depending on the yarn.
When arm knitting typically only one skein of yarn is used along with a pair of arms to cast on the stitches, this makes a great project while traveling.
Arm knitting is fast and fun to make and there are lots of YouTube videos on how to make things using your arms and yarn. Here are a few of the free patterns we have found.
- Learn to Arm Knit a Scarf in about 5 Minutes – Using Red Heart Fizzle Yarn
- Arm Knitting a Scarf in 30 Minutes – A YouTube Video using bulky yarn to knit a scarf
- Arm Knitting a Cowl for Beginners – From Michael’s Web site
- Find the best yarn for arm knitting patterns and other yarn projects
- Arm Knitting Techniques and Projects – For left and right handed knitters
- DIY Arm Knit Scarf Pattern – A 30 minute project
- How to Arm knit – A video tutorial from Lion Brand Yarn
- Arm Knit a Blanket – In one Hour YouTube video
- DIY Arm Knitting a Blanket – A how to blog tutorial
Subscribe to my Examiner Pages and Blogs for more Fun Stuff
· Be sure to follow me on my Facebook Page
For more project ideas and fun:
Free Online Classes: