With Memorial Day now a distant memory, summer has officially arrived in NoVa. It's time to kick back, soak in some sun, and enjoy a refreshing drink or two on one of Arlington's many outdoor patios. For gluten-free drinkers, this used to be a tall order. Thanks to the emergence of some fantastic new breweries and beers, though, sipping a gluten-free beer in Arlington is now both easy and tasty. Read on for where to go this summer!
5. In Shirlington, Busboys & Poets features cold bottles of Bard's, the original sorghum malt beer. Bard's is a true American beer lover's beverage and maintains its crisp, clean taste through the malting process. Pair this naturally gluten-free drink with one of Busboys & Poets' many gluten-free entrées, and your day is made. (4251 South Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA 22206)
4. In Crystal City, Jaleo rounds out its cocktail menu with Spain's best gluten-removed beer, Daura. Tested to 3ppm, this light-tasting lager from Estrella Damm complements Jaleo's small plates perfectly. (2250-A Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202)
3. In Ballston, Rustico offers several bottles of Green's, including the amber, dubbel, and trippel. Brewed in Belgium with millet, sorghum, buckwheat, and rice, Green's beers are gluten-free, full-bodied, and delicious. (4075 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22203)
2. In Clarendon, Lyon Hall offers St. Peter's sorgham beer, brewed in the UK. Its sophisticated taste is just right when enjoyed with mussels or a cheese plate on Lyon Hall's patio. (3100 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201)
1. Also in Clarendon, Pete's Apizza provides bottles of New Grist alongside its legendary pizza. Brewed with sorghum and rice by Lakefront Brewery, this golden beer is the perfect summer libation. (3017 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201)