The September 2013 events sanctioned by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission are highlighted by:
- "Fought in Earnest: Civil War Arkansas," the Arkansas History Commission's traveling exhibit, will be on display at the Henderson State University, August 4-21, call 970-230-5318 for more information.
- "Walker's Last Stand: The Marmaduke-Walker Duel," a Brown Bag lunch Lecture presentation by Larry LeMaster, will be held at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock on September 5; call 501-324-9685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Reed's Bridge events will be held Sept 6-8 at the Reed's Bridge Battlefield Park on Highway 161 at the Bayou Meto crossing in Jacksonville; call 501-766-1527 for more information.
- "The Colors That Bind: Regimental Flags of the 3rd Iowa Cavalry and 37th Arkansas Infantry" will be on display at the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History in Little Rock September 11-October 19; call 501-376-4602 for more information.
- Civil War Dances featuring the Historic Washington Dancers will be held at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library in Benton on September 23; call 501-778-4766 or email SteveP@salinecountylibrary.org for more information.
- "Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature Aaron Barnhart, author of The Big Divide: A Travel Guide to Historic and Civil War Sites in the Missouri-Kansas Border Region at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock on September 24; email email@example.com for more information.
Visit http://www.arkansascivilwara150.com/events/ for more information on these and other sesquicentennial events.
I hope you will also subscribe to my series, above or below, as well, if you have not done so already, leave a comment, and share this article with others. You might also enjoy my blogs: Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories, Dr. Bills Book Bazaar and The Homeplace Series. Visit my lenses at: Dr. Bill Tells Exciting Stories. Also see The Heritage Tourist at The In-Depth Genealogist.