The November 2013 events sanctioned by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission are highlighted by:
- "Fought in Earnest: Civil War Arkansas," the Arkansas History Commission's traveling exhibit, will be on display at the Hendrix College in Conway, November 5-22, call 501-450-1288 for more information.
- Civil War Weekend will be held November 2-3 at Historic Washington State Park and "Town in Conflict: A Living History Street Drama" will be performed on both days.; call 870-983-2625 or email HistoricWashington@arkansas.com for more information.
- Battle of Cane Hill Driving Tour Dedication, featuring speakers and re-enactors, will be held at the Cane Hill College in Washington County on November 9; call 479-846-2990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pulaski County Historical Society will host a lecture by W. Stuart Towns on "Enduring Legacy: Rhetoric and Ritual of the Lost Cause," at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock on November 10; email email@example.com for more information.
- Grand Prairie Civil War Roundtable will feature Vernon Dutton speaking on the Third Arkansas Infantry at Antietam at the Lonoke County Museum in Lonoke on November 12; call 501-676-6750 or email meadows@ aaamissouri.com for more information.
- "Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature Rev. David Dyer specking on "Robert Lewis Dabney, chief of staff for Stonewall Jackson," at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock on November 26; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit http://www.arkansascivilwara150.com/events/ for more information on these and other sesquicentennial events.
I hope you will also subscribe to my series, above or below, as well, if you have not done so already, leave a comment, and share this article with others. You might also enjoy my blogs: Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories, Dr. Bills Book Bazaar and The Homeplace Saga. Visit my articles/lenses at: Dr. Bill Tells Exciting Stories. Also see The Heritage Tourist at The In-Depth Genealogist.