The March 2014 events sanctioned by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission are highlighted by:
- Civil War Exhibit will be on display at the Prairie County Historical Museum in DeValls Bluff, March 1-31; call 870-256-5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- "Civil War Arkansas 1861-1865," the ACWSC traveling exhibit, will be at the Marion Chamber of Commerce in Marion, March 10-23; call 870-739-6041 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Friends of Jenkins' Ferry Battlefield will meet March 18 in Sheirdan; email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Brown Bag Lunch Lecture featuring Dr. Carl Drexler of the Arkansas Archeological Survey speaking on "Archeology of the Red River Campaign" March 20 at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock; call 501-324-9685 or email email@example.com for more information.
- "We Must Stand or Fall Alone," an exhibit of Arkansas Civil War History, will be on display at the Delta Cultural Center in Helena-West Helena throughout March; call 870-338-3450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit http://www.arkansascivilwara150.com/events/ for more information on these and other sesquicentennial events.
I hope you will also subscribe to my series, above or below, as well, if you have not done so already, leave a comment, and share this article with others. You might also enjoy my blogs: Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories, Dr. Bills Book Bazaar and The Homeplace Saga. Visit my articles/lenses at: Dr. Bill Tells Exciting Stories. Also see The Heritage Tourist at The In-Depth Genealogist. My new series of historical fiction short stories based on my own family history research can be found at this link.