The February 2013 events sanctioned by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission are highlighted by:
- "War Chronicles II," a reader's theater performance about Batesville in 1863 and 1864, will be held at the UACCB campus in Batesville, February 1-3; call 800-508-7878 for more information.
- "Aaron Brooks and the 54th USCT," a Brown Bag Lunch Lecture by Kelly Houston Jones, a PhD candidate at the University of Arkansas, will be held February 5 at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock; call 501-324-9685 or email email@example.com for more information.
- "Fought in Earnest: Civil War Arkansas," the Arkansas History Commission's traveling exhibit, will be on display at Pea Ridge National Military Park, February 6-26; call 479-451-8122 for more information.
- "Grand Prairie Civil War Roundtable will feature Mark Christ of the ACWSC on the skirmish at Paroquet Bluff at the Lonoke County Museum in Lonoke on February 12; email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- "Civil War Roundtable of the Delta will feature John Mitchell of Pine Bluff speaking on the experiences of freed slaves from 1862 to 1865 at the Beth El Heritage Hall in Helena-West Helena on February 14; call 870-338-4350 or email Ronald@arkansasheritage.org for more information.
- "Civil War Secrets of Osage Springs," featuring artifact displays and presentations by Paul Dolle and Doug Kidd, will be held at the Rogers Historical Museum on February 16; call 479-621-1154 or email email@example.com for more information.
- "Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature Dr. Stuart Towns speaking on "The Rhetoric and Ritual of the Lost Cause" at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock on February 26; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit http://www.arkansascivilwara150.com/events/ for more information on these and other sesquicentennial events.
I hope you will also subscribe to my series, above or below, as well, if you have not done so already, leave a comment, and share this article with others. You might also enjoy my blogs: Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories, Dr. Bills Book Bazaar and The Homeplace Series. Visit my lenses at: Dr. Bill Tells Exciting Stories. Also see The Heritage Tourist at The In-Depth Genealogist.