The August 2013 events sanctioned by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission are highlighted by:
- "Fought in Earnest: Civil War Arkansas," the Arkansas History Commission's traveling exhibit, will be on display at the Eureka Springs Historical Museum, August 4-25, call 479-253-9417 for more information.
- "Big War, Little War," a free half-day seminar featuring speakers Mary Jan Warde, Father Moses Berry and Mark Christ, will be held at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock on August 10; call 501-324-9685 or email Georganne@arkansasheritage.org for more information.
- "The Edge of Conflict," an AETN documentary on the Civil War in Arkansas, will be shown at the DeValls Bluff Community Center on August 10; call 870-5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Civil War Living History with the NW 15th Arkansas Infantry will be held at Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park August 17-18: call 479-846-2990 or email prairie email@example.com for more information.
- "Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature the Conway Women's Choir singing Civil War-era songs at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock on August 27; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit http://www.arkansascivilwar150.com/events/ for more information on these and other sesquicentennial events.
I hope you will also subscribe to my series, above or below, as well, if you have not done so already, leave a comment, and share this article with others. You might also enjoy my blogs: Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories, Dr. Bills Book Bazaar and The Homeplace Series. Visit my lenses at: Dr. Bill Tells Exciting Stories. Also see The Heritage Tourist at The In-Depth Genealogist.