Fans of the love franchise ‘The Bachelor’ have been waiting for official news on who has been selected for the role. While no official word from ABC has been released there have been some spoilers surfacing via social media. The latest clue for fans is a message from Arie Luyendyk Jr. posted to his Twitter account Monday night.
The tweet from Arie says, “I'm not the Bachelor, have fun on the farm people.” This made it pretty clear to all that he wasn’t selected. It also gives further proof that it is indeed Iowa farmer Chris Soules who will be handing out roses next season.
How does Arie feel about not being “The Bachelor” in 2015? While his initial tweet may have sounded slightly angry, he later went to his Twitter again to let fans know that he is okay with the decision. He says, “Thanks for the kind words everyone. It wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with it. Happy I can move forward.” Many fans are disappointed with this announcement and had hoped to see him get his chance to find love in the world of reality TV.
The tweets posted by Arie confirm further that Reality Steve has been right all along. He predicted on his blog months ago that Chris would be the next “Bachelor.” There was briefly some confusion and doubt when such a strong support for Arie to be given the opportunity surfaced from fans and past contestants. It appears all that has been settled now. Reality Steve reported on Twitter earlier in August that Chris had signed a contract and was filming some in Iowa.
It is being speculated that the official “Bachelor” 2015 announcement will come in September, closer to the finale of “Bachelor in Paradise.” Filming for “The Bachelor” will begin this fall and the season is set to air in January. In the meantime, don't miss out on "Bachelor in Paradise" airing Monday nights on ABC.