The pope has been elected:
March 13, 2013
Cardinal Bergoglio elected Pope Francis after two days of conclave http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/13/papal-conclave-chooses-pope-day-two-live-coverage
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, SJ (born December 17, 1936) is the current pope of the Roman Catholic Church, elected on March 13, 2013, and taking the regnal name of Francis. Prior to his election, he served as an Argentine cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. He has served as the Archbishop of Buenos Aires since 1998. He was elevated to the cardinalate in 2001. He was elevated to Pope in March 2013.
Pope Francis. Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bergoglio, viewed 03/13/12
I speculated last week that the death of Hugo Chávez could possibly influence this election:
Currently, cardinals of the Church of Rome are meeting in Vatican City to determine who to elect as their next pope. At least two “leading candidates” are from South America. It may be that the death of Hugo Chávez could be a factor in possibly selecting a pontiff from that region. (Hugo Chavez dies! Might this affect the Vatican election?)
Perhaps his death did?
Is Pope Francis the final pope?
That is too early to tell for sure. But if he is, he will be an antipope and the final Antichrist. Being of the Jesuit order may be a factor.
But if he is the final pope, his age would suggest that there is not a lot of time left.
According to Catholic prophecy:
- An antipope will arise, and should be the current Pope Francis.
- A pope will hold an ecumenical council that satisfies heretics and results in a more ecumenical religion being accepted.
- The vast majority of Catholics will accept the antipope.
- A pope that performs miracles will arise.
- People around the world will accept the faith that this miracle-performing pope endorses.
- A pope that supports the “Great Monarch/Prince of the North” will arise.
- The Great Monarch, that the pope supports, will eliminate the Anglo-descended nations.
- The “Great Monarch/Prince of the North,” that the pope supports, will eliminate an Islamic confederation.
- A pope will reign with the Great Monarch for around four years.
- The destruction of Rome comes after tribulations that a pope oversees.
- Armies from lands, including Russia and Asia, will gather in Armageddon
- A great judge comes after Rome is destroyed.
According to certain understandings of the Malachy prophecy, Pope Francis is the last pope and if other Catholic prophecies are correct, those events will happen under his pontificate.
Thus, if all of those are true, Pope Francis will be an antipope, he will compromise the religion of the Church of Rome, the vast majority of Catholics will accept this modified faith, the tribulation will begin while he is pontiff, Rome will be destroyed towards the end of his pontificate, and a great judge will come.
On the other hand, if the Malachy list is not complete, then we will need to wait for another pontiff/religious leader to fulfill some or all of the above.
Do these Catholic private prophecies have any relationship to biblical prophecy?
According to Bible prophecy:
- A false religious leader will arise.
- This false leader will encourage an ecumenical faith.
- The vast majority of humankind will accept this improper faith.
- A false religious leader will perform signs and lying wonders.
- Nearly all humankind will be deceived by signs and lying wonders.
- The final Antichrist will promote the final “Beast/King of the North” that the Bible warns against.
- The “Beast/King of the North,” that the Antichrist supports will destroy the Anglo-descended nations.
- The “Beast/King of the North,” will destroy an Arabic confederation.
- The Great Tribulation and Day of the Lord last 3 ½ years.
- A few years after the start of the Great Tribulation, Rome will be destroyed.
- Jesus will come after Rome is destroyed.
While the Bible does not clearly teach that Pope Francis is that religious leader, the timing of the election of Pope Francis is consistent with the time period for the end of the age and the rise of the final Antichrist. Although the final reign of Antichrist with the Beast will not start for a few years, the Antichrist leader could be in place now.
We are living in the last days, and the last pope will take steps that will lead to the destruction of the world as we know it.
But the good news is that Jesus will return and establish the Kingdom of God—and ultimately there will be a time with no more pain, sorrow, or suffering (Revelation 21:1-4). Until then, Bible teaches that we can expect to face many tribulations (cf. Acts 14:22), some of which will be brought about by the last pope.
Some articles of possibly related interest may include:
The Malachy Prophecies and “Peter the Roman” An Irish bishop allegedly predicted something about 112 popes in the 12th century. Pope Benedict XVI was number 111. The next pope would be number 112 and is to reign until Rome is destroyed. May he be an antipope/final Antichrist?
Pope Benedict XVI and the next pope Will the pope that succeeds Pope Benedict XVI fulfill biblical and non-biblical prophecies? What about Pope Benedict himself? Pope Benedict XVI resigned his pontificate effective February 28, 2013. Might his resignation lead to the fulfillment of prophecy? Might his resignation lead to the prophesied Antichrist according to biblical and Catholic prophecies? Do Catholic prophecies foretell of an antipope as the next pope? Is the Peter the Roman of the Malachy prophecies the next pope? Is there a 6,000 year plan? Is the 6,000 year almost up?
Does God Have a 6,000 Year Plan? What Year Does the 6,000 Years End? Was a 6000 year time allowed for humans to rule followed by a literal thousand year reign of Christ on Earth taught by the early Christians? Does God have 7,000 year plan? What year may the six thousand years of human rule end? When will Jesus return? 2021 or 20xx?
When Will the Great Tribulation Begin? 2013, 2014, or 2015? Can the Great Tribulation begin today? What happens before the Great Tribulation in the “beginning of sorrows”? What happens in the Great Tribulation and the Day of the Lord? Is this the time of the Gentiles? When is the earliest that the Great Tribulation can begin? What is the Day of the Lord? Who are the 144,000?
Some Doctrines of Antichrist Are there any doctrines taught outside the Churches of God which can be considered as doctrines of antichrist? This article suggests at least three. It also provides information on 666 and the identity of “the false prophet”. Plus it shows that several Catholic writers seem to warn about an ecumenical antipope that will support heresy.
Is There an Islamic Antichrist? Is Joel Richardson correct that the final Antichrist will be Islamic and not European? Find out.
Will You Be Deceived by Antichrist? 1964 article by David Jon Hill, originally published in the old Good News magazine.
Peter and Rome He was an original apostle and early Christian leader. Where was Peter buried? Where did Peter die?
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God was the Emphasis of Jesus and the Early Church Did you know that? Do you even know what the gospel of the kingdom is all about? You can also see a YouTube video sermon The Gospel of the Kingdom.