The Kansas City Business Journal is bringing together at a new event on July 17 thought leaders from companies on the Fast 50, its listing of the fastest-growing area companies, to talk about how to spot, and jump on, opportunities. The event will take place from 7:30 a.m to 9:30 a.m. at the Sheraton, 6100 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS.
Attendees will learn how companies position themselves during slow markets, how they expand into new areas and how to keep fast managed growth from turning into runaway growth.
Event panelists includes:
- Mark Dohnalek, Pivot International
- Jeff Hargroves, ProPharma Group
- Jacquie Morgan, BalancePoint
- Neal Sharma, DEG
- Paul Worcester, Worcester Investments
This is the time of year when you can also start planning to add the Central Exchange's Emerging Leaders Program to your calendar. This program takes place over a one-year period to achieve sustainable development and to accommodate your busy schedule. Each session meets from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., twelve times in a calendar year beginning in September.
The Emerging Leaders Program is presented by Connie Russell, Senior Leadership Consultant, facilitator.
Russell has facilitated the Emerging Leaders Program for the last seven years yet will bring a fresh perspective to the program design, contents and components this year. She is a subject matter expert in women and leadership having coached many leaders and built development programs nationally.
The Program Components include:
• Coaching on your Individual Strategy: Improve personal effectiveness by building on strengths, finding gaps; then developing and implementing a plan to take you to the next level in your career.
• Integrated Learning: The program’s format is based on the concept of active learning – this is not a lecture series. Each session is focused on a separate leadership competency and will include group and facilitated discussions, practical strategies to apply in your own organization.
• Practical Application with Regional Thought Leaders: Learn from high profile female executives who will share real-life examples and case studies.
• Achieve Sustainable Development: The year-long format allows for long-term development – both in and out of program sessions.
• Build and leverage your network: Small group sessions solidify strong, lasting relationships with key female high potential peers in the region.
• Global expertise delivered at a local level: The experience of regional/global thought leaders will be combined with current best practices in leadership development to provide a dynamic program with high impact for participants.
The Program Focus Areas include:
• Building Your Leadership Path: Establish a clear view of your strengths and opportunities with assessments and coaching to support your development plan.
• Strategic Thinking and Setting the Vision: Develop strategic perspective and the ability to envision and implement competitive advantage.
• Negotiating for Resources and Results: Hone your skills and learn how to gain commitment and collaborate with your key stakeholders.
• Leading Teams: Learn how to lead, mentor and manage your human capital resources to their highest potential.
• Managing (Hyper) Change: Build resilience in yourself and others to take advantage of the opportunities that change brings.
• Leadership and Executive Presence: Understand different leadership styles and create your own unique leadership brand.
• Influence and Political Savvy: Identify a toolkit of influencing skills; leverage those most effective for you and your own organization.
• Decision Making and Risk Taking: Learn how to assess and balance risk and reward and employ the critical components of solid decision making skills.
• Creativity and Innovation: Lean in to create an environment where novel thinking is encouraged and applied to business solutions.
• Leveraging Your Network: Identify the activities that build useful networks rich in social capital and business advantage.
• Values Driven Leadership: Challenge, clarify and embed your values in your leadership strategies. Integrate your learning into an ongoing plan for your leadership growth and development.
For more information:
Contact CiCi Rojas, President and CEO, Central Exchange at (816) 471-7560, ext. 12 or email@example.com.
You may also contact Connie Russell, Senior Consultant and Facilitator, at (816) 520-0176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.