Each of the seven bowling centers within the Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte County area have announced their schedules for the upcoming holidays, including information about their respective New Year's Eve parties.
Following are capsule reports from each center, along with phone numbers with which you can contact the respective establishments:
* AMF BRADENTON (758-8838), AMF GULF GATE (921-4447) and AMF VENICE (484-0666): The same schedule of operation -- as well as everything in conjunction with New Year's Eve parties -- will be in effect for all three area AMF centers.
The AMF centers in Bradenton, Sarasota Gulf Gate and Venice will be open on Christmas Eve from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Christmas Day from 2 to 11 p.m., on New Year's Eve from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m., and on New Year's Day from 11 a.m. to midnight.
The first two New Year's Eve party functions -- designated Party Starter Packages -- will run from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., with a "re-run" from 2 to 4:30 p.m., at a cost of $69.99 per lane for up to six people. The cost will include unlimited bowling, shoe rental, a large pizza and a pitcher of soda.
The next party -- called a Bowling Blowout Package -- will run from 5 to 8 p.m., at a cost of $79.99 per lane for up to six people. Amenities will include unlimited bowling, shoe rental, an Xtreme platter (with choice of large pizza or boneless wings), a pitcher of soda, and a sparkling wine or cider toast.
Finally, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., a Ball Drop Party Package -- at $149.99 per lane, for up to six people -- will include unlimited bowling, shoe rental, an all-you-can-eat buffet, unlimited soda and a midnight countdown featuring a toast of sparkling wine or cider, plus party favors and a balloon drop.
* BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE (625-4794): After open hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, the center will be closed on Christmas Day. On Dec. 31, the house will open at 8 a.m., and on Jan. 1, the center will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
A New Year's Eve Bowling Bash & Buffet will begin at 9 p.m. at a cost of $125 per lane, plus tax (minimum four people, plus $25 per extra person, up to six total). The price includes party favors, a champagne toast at midnight, and a full buffet that features Nemo's wings, baked pasta, pizza. garden salad, dinner rolls and butter, doughnuts and coffee.
* ENGLEWOOD BOWL (474-5265): The house will be open from noon to midnight on Christmas Eve and will be closed on Christmas Day. On New Year's Eve, the center will open at noon, and from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. -- at a cost of $25 a person or $40 a couple -- there will be a party, featuring unlimited bowling, free draft beers and a food buffet at 11 p.m., and the house will be closed on New Year's Day.
* SARASOTA LANES (955-7629): The center will be closed on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Open bowling will be available from noon to 9 p.m. on both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
A Family Glo-Zone Party will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at a cost of $100 per lane for up to four people (and $20 per additional people, up to a maximum of six). Included will be unlimited bowling, shoes, an all-you-can-eat buffet, party favors and prizes.
* TREASURE LANES (625-3930): The center will be open from 9 a.m. to noon on Christmas Eve, with half of the house taken up by a regular morning ladies league, and the house will be closed on Christmas Day. New Year's Eve hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 1 a.m., and on Jan. 1, the hours will be 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The first of two New Year's Eve parties will be a family-style event from 6 to 8 p.m., at a cost of $51 plus tax per lane. Included will be unlimited cosmic bowling, rental shoes, music, large pizza, pitcher of soda, noisemakers and 12 tokens. The center requests that all reservations must be made and prepaid no later than Dec. 28.
From 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., there will be a "No Pressure" New Years Eve function, including cosmic bowling at regular cosmic prices, with no minimum hours to bowl and no reservations needed. The center will also conduct a "No Pressure" New Years Eve Party in the bar.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling articles -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]