Oh your aching feet. The pain you feel after a long day trekking around ancient ruins or sightseeing in Rome. Nothing sabotages a good trip than ill-fitting footwear.
Arcopédico to the rescue. The manufacturer high-quality, Portuguese-made women’s comfort shoes, believes that finding the ideal travel shoe is at the crux of any successful adventure, whether walking the Great Wall of China or island hopping in Fiji.
The 30-year-old shoe expert agreed to share its top 10 travel tip shoes with Examiner.com and here they are:
- Go light: pack shoes that won’t weigh you (or your luggage) down. At a mere 10.9 ounces, the Arcopédico L2 is an excellent option, and the flexible,metal-free shanks also make a strategic choice for airport security lines.
- Keep it compact: instead of stiff, bulky footwear, stay streamlined with a shoe like the Cinderella (featuring an ultra-comfortable knit upper and slim enough to slide into pocket of a carry-on bag.
- Have a supports system: don’t sacrifice support for portability or style. Skip the paper-thin sandals and opt for lightweight, arch-supporting shoes like Arcopédico’s signature twin-arch construction, to help prevent foot fatigue, cramps, and other travel woes.
- Get down and dirty: the best travel shoes are ready for action and adventure—which can involve a bit of mud. Opt for a shoe that can easily be washed and ready to start anew tomorrow, such as Arcopédico’s washing-machine-friendly line of Lytech and Knit material shoes.
- Don’t get tied down: jet-setters know shoes should be quick and easy to take off and put back on in TSA security lines. Look for comfortable slip-ons or shoes with quick fasteners like the Velcro® strap L45 .
- Weather the storm: select travel footwear that is ready for rain, and that will last the miles. For instance, Arcopédico footwear is made to endure, with tough, slip-resistant polyurethane soles and its resilient, leather-like Lytech line offers water-resistance.
- Loosen up: As pressure increases with altitude in a plane or alpine train, feet tend to swell. Protect feet with flexible, circulation-supporting shoes, like the ultra-comfortable LS Shocks that offer a soft sock-like sensation on the top of the foot for blood-flow and comfort.
- Don’t sweat it: foot moisture can lead to blister formation, unwelcome odors, general discomfort and fungus susceptibility. Choose shoes with proper ventilation.
- Be a realist: select anatomical shoes.
- Walk responsibly: tread lightly by wearing with shoes made with environmentally-friendly materials.
To see the complete of line of shoes go to: http://www.arcopedicoshoes.com/classic/index.html.