April is underway, along with running season for area racers. Running enthusiasts in and around Wisconsin may pick from plentiful races, fun runs, and endurance challenges to mark the first weekend of April.
Check out this lineup of area running events, all scheduled from Friday, April 4, through Sunday, April 6.
These Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically by date for easy reference. Don’t miss the accompanying slideshow, which features flyers and additional details for many of these fitness highlights.
- April 4 – Friday – April Fool’s 5K – 4th Annual – Appleton, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – AIESEC Around the World 5K Run – Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Badgerland Striders South Shore Half Marathon – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Black Earth 10-Mile – Black Earth, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Chicago Quarter Marathon – Soldier Field – Chicago, Illinois
- April 5 – Saturday – Germantown Soccer Club Kick into Spring 5K Run / Walk – Germantown, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Higher Education Hustle 5k Run / Walk – University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Hustle for Hearing 5K – Hopkins Park – DeKalb, Illinois
- April 5 – Saturday – Only Fools Run at Midnight 5K / 10K – Lakeland Union HS – Minoqua, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Run 4 Water Milwaukee – Veterans Park – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday - Sole Sisters EXPO & Social – WAC West Allis – West Allis, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Trailbreaker Marathon / Half / 5K – Waukesha, Wisconsin
- April 5 – Saturday – Trot 4 Tots 5K – Madison, Wisconsin
- April 6 – Sunday – Agape House Run / Walk / Crawl – Walworth, Wisconsin
- April 6 – Sunday – Tri Faster Tri Play – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes, as a matter of course. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.