Don’t be a fool! This article WON'T give you any good ideas for April Fool’s Day!
April Fool’s! Of course it will!
- Print invitation on cardstock, cut apart into puzzle pieces and place all the pieces into an envelope.
- Invitation Wording: “Prepare to Make a Fool of Yourself! April Fool’s Party. (Date). (Time). (Place). Don’t be foolish, RSVP (Phone#). Look like a FOOL…wear a mixed-up outfit with a crazy hair-do!”
- Or, send a Christmas (or other holiday) themed invitation and at the bottom of the invitation write, “April Fool’s!”
Make your house crazy & mixed up:
- Place items upside down
- Put household items in the wrong rooms (kitchen appliances in the living room)
- Use mismatched dishes or paper goods
- Serve breakfast for dinner (or dinner for breakfast)
- Use crazy straws for drinks
GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Magic Show: Have a magician perform or divide guests into teams and teach each team a trick to perform for the rest of the guests.
- Fact or Fiction: Have guests take turns picking a page out of the “Guinness Book of World Records”. The guest decides to tell the group a fact from the book or make one up. The group guesses if the statement is fact or fiction. The guest reveals the correct answer by saying either ‘Fact’ or ‘April Fool’s’.
- Memory Tray: Show guests a tray of crazy items that have nothing to do with each other for 30 seconds. Have guests write down as many items as they can remember.
- What’s Wrong: Have guests go around the house and make a list of all the things that are askew.
- Yummy or Yucky: Try foods that look alike or use blindfolds. Guests try to guess which will taste ‘yummy’ or ‘yucky’.
- Crazy Pranks: Have each guest write a crazy (but safe & doable) stunt on a piece of paper. Guests take turns drawing one out and performing the stunt.
- Silly String Fight: Give each guest a can of Silly String and let them have fun (Afterwards, have a contest for who can collect the most Silly String in a trash bag)
Mix & Match Sox: Have each guest decorate two socks with fabric markers, ribbons, trims, bells and puff balls using fabric glue. Put all the socks in a bag and have each guest draw out two for a very mismatched pair.
Every Flavor Jellybeans: you never know if you’ll get cherry or tuna! (available at Powell’s Sweet Shoppe)
Pranks (such as: a whoopie cushion, hand buzzer, etc.)
Want to Pep Up your parties? Just click on the “SUBSCRIBE” button above to receive email alerts when Alii’s latest articles are available.
Need more party ideas? Check out the Spring issue of Coast Kids Magazine!